Thursday, January 26, 2012

Me Wants It, My Precious!!

Thomas found this today:

I am in desperate need of a manicure, and now I want this on my nails!
Photo Credit (This and Below): billythebrime
(and you can all just shut up about my never having seen all of the series. I can't help it if I fall asleep. It's not boring...it's peaceful. The elves are so pretty and calm, and they just put me right out.)


The "One Ring To Bind Them" quote reads in a circle, from left thumb to right thumb. According to the artist's tumblr, the base coat was Milani Gold Lame, and the artwork was done with black acrylic.

Photo Credit: Sephora
If you're interested in giving this a shot, any gold base will work. I'm partial to Sephora by OPI's Charge It! You'll also need either a black nail polish pen, or a black polish with a super skinny brush. Cinapro has a black nail pen available on Amazon. ENailSupply has a really neat option, as well: a pen/brush hybrid! You can either use the bottle as a pen, or unscrew the cap and use the itty-bitty brush that's inside. You'll also want to seal your work with a clear topcoat.

Personally, I'd suggest either having this done by an artist, or taking your time and painting the design onto false nails, then applying them later. I only say this because I cannot draw with my left hand. At all. I'd hate to get halfway through and not be able to finish well.

Here's a copy of the quote in Elvish, for reference. Good luck!


Photo Credit: Wikipedia


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...