Thursday, August 8, 2013

Random Observations: Does This Count As a Vacation?

Okay, I've officially given up on the post I was attempting to write. The gist of it was: Essie Naughty Nautical nail polish is really, really pretty, and it lasts a long time. Just make sure you use a base coat, or it will stain your nails the color of mold, which is not a good look. I had photos, and they were actually halfway decent. Unfortunately, Blogger has decided that I am not to publish that post (at least, not in its entirety), so this is the best I can give you guys. I'm extraordinarily sorry.

But it is a darn nice polish.

It's teal.

I like teal.

Anyhoo, Thomas and I are getting ready to take Fighting Owl to the Pensacola Para Con next Saturday. C.U.P.I.D. is screening in the Birmingham Sidewalk Moving Picture Festival the next Saturday, and then we begin filming two microshorts in September. On top of that, my grandfather has been ill (but is doing much better, thank God!), so I've been a little busy trying to help my mom with him. I haven't been as much help as I would have liked, but, not to put too fine a point on it, I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

Through my haze of chaos and general confusion, I've noticed some things, and I thought I'd share them with you. Mind you, they're completely random, and I'm running on caffeine and adrenaline. Consider yourself warned.



I've, quite literally, eaten Taco Bell for lunch every day this week. When did I go back to college?

Fish Eye Pinot Grigio is not half bad. I only felt slightly trashy dropping a couple of ice cubes in it. (It's hot down here, y'all. You do what you have to do.)

Wet 'N' Wild has come out with an eye shadow collection that contains a red--A RED!!!--and only costs $2.99 for a trio. The baby blue, peach, and matte brown trio is surprisingly wearable, and quite lovely.

Halloween decorations are already out. School hasn't even started yet. WTYouKnowWhat, man?

Staples wants seventeen bucks for a brochure holder that can also display DVDs. Big Lots had a desk organizer for six dollars, and it looks nicer and holds more. All it needs is a coat of spray paint to cover up the pink lining. DIY, baby!

Wearing jeans in August in Alabama is a stupid fashion choice. On the upside, I may have lost a couple of pounds of water weight.

If you start up a parked vehicle, put it in gear, and then immediately put it back in park--never taking your foot off the brake--the vehicle will still move. If you do all that and you're my brother, you will also come this close to running over your mother's foot.

This week, I've lost a hair clip, a pen, and the will to get off of my couch after 6pm. I really only miss the hair clip.

Until Monday night, I had not hemmed anything since 1998.

If you put something flat on the conveyor belt at Target and it gets sucked up into the counter, they can not get it back. Lord knows what you'd find inside if you cracked one open. You would, at least, find a pack of Goody hair barrettes.  



I think I need to go home and unscrew the cap on that bottle of Pinot Grigio. 'Night, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...