Thursday, December 13, 2012

Review: E.L.F. Baked Blush in Passion Pink

Yesterday, I showed you a little haul that included two of the E.L.F. Baked Blushes. Today, I've got a review for you on Passion Pink.

First up, don't let the name fool you. This is actually peach; much in the same way that Pinktastic is actually gold. I have this ridiculous compulsion to buy Peachy Cheeky, simply to find out what color it really is, since these names have absolutely nothing to do with the color payoff. That aside, I'm not disappointed in the color, just confused.

And speaking of color...you know how yesterday I mentioned that this looked like a dupe for NARS Orgasm?

NARS on Left, E.L.F. on Right.
I wasn't far off. The E.L.F. is a tad more peach than the NARS, and much more pigmented. The NARS is pinker and sparklier, and far sheerer. I had to swatch it several times to match the single swatch of the E.L.F. They're not exact, by any means, but if you're in the market for an Orgasm-ish color, you could do a lot worse for three bucks. They look much more similar in person, for the record.

NARS on Left, E.L.F. on Right.
It's a very subtle blush once it's on your cheeks. More than color, it leaves a pretty glow.

On cheeks: E.L.F. Passion Pink. Highlighter: E.L.F. Pinktastic. Bronzer: Tarte Park Ave. Princess.
I packed it in my purse, just in case it faded and I needed a touch-up during the day. Happily, I can say that I've been wearing this for four hours, and it's still going strong. I have touched my face, been in and out of doors, talked on my phone, and moved around quite a bit. In other words, I haven't been sitting like a china doll on a shelf.


I like the natural, soft look of this blush. The staying power is there, the color is lovely, and you can't beat the price. The packaging isn't fancy, but it looks nice and functions well.

Final Verdict: 8 out of 10. It would be nice if the names matched the colors, but you can't always get what you want; sometimes, you get what you need.



In case you were wondering about the rest of the face, here's what's doing:

Primer: Tarte Clean Slate
Foundation: MAC Studio Sculpt NW15
Concealer: Maybelline Age Rewind in Neutralizer (yup, I'm pale)
Setting Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte in Transparent
Finishing Powder: E.L.F. Baked Bronzer in St. Lucia (yup, it's pale)
Eye Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden
Eye Shadow: Urban Decay Snakebite (all by itself. It gets a bum rap, but it's gorgeous as an all-over color)
Eye Liner: Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Stick in Rehab
Inner Corner: Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Stick in Midnight Cowboy
Brows: E.L.F. Brow Kit
Mascara: Buxom Lash Waterproof
Contour: Benefit Hoola
Lips: MAC Shy Girl

1 comment:

  1. Eh I'd pass on the blush, much to peach for me. I only personally like pink blushes. I don't feel the other colors look nice on me.

    ReplyDelete

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...