Monday, January 20, 2014

Is That...? Oh, God! *Gasp* NOOO!!! Part II: L'Oreal Youth Code Power Trio

Okay folks, it's been a week. Let's check in and see if the L'Oreal Youth Code Power Trio has made any progress on my wrinkle-ette. You can find my first impressions from last week here.


On the left, we have a photo taken last Monday. On the right, we have a photo taken today. The crease in question is the faint marionette line. Personally, I think it may have lightened some. It doesn't appear to be quite as pronounced in the second photo as it is in the first. It's not gone, but it appears to be better. My skin's tone and texture also seems to have improved, with increased brightness and a firmer appearance. Pore size looks about the same. Lastly, my skin feels noticeably softer. Photographs were taken in the same room, with the same lighting, by the same camera, with the same settings. Positioning is as close to the same as I could manage, and no makeup or products were on the skin at the time. I'm trying to be scientific, y'all.

For the past week, I've solely used the L'Oreal. I've washed my face with the cleanser, applied the serum, and followed with the moisturizer twice a day, religiously. No other skincare products were used, save for a few makeup remover wipes of various brands, but more on that in a minute. Based on the results above, I can definitely see where its claims have merit.

Now, for the good, the bad, and the ugly.

The Good: The products are seemingly effective, thus far. All three of the products have pleasant fragrances and textures. The price point is affordable and the product is readily available at Walgreen's and Ulta. The trial sizes are large enough to get a good idea of its effectiveness. I've used this for a week, and have at least another week's worth left.

The Bad: The cleanser just flat-out doesn't work. To prove this, I give you Exhibit A, a Yes To Grapefruit facial wipe used after cleansing with the L'Oreal:


That's not clean, y'all. In addition to the eye makeup (which I kind of expected), there's also face makeup. I don't wear much face makeup (mostly BB creams or powder foundation), so there wasn't much there to remove in the first place.

I also don't feel like the moisturizer hydrates very well. I've experienced some dryness around the nose, and noticed a dull cast once my makeup was applied. My makeup hasn't changed, so I feel the need to attribute that to the product.

The Ugly: I broke out. Not much, and nothing a little spot treatment couldn't fix, but I did break out. Normally, my skin stays pretty clear unless it's that lovely time when we'd all like to sing a rousing chorus of "I Enjoy Being a Girl". This wasn't that time. I shouldn't have broken out.

Overall, I really do like this set. I think that it did what it said it would, and I have every intention of purchasing the full sizes of the serum and moisturizer. I will not, however, use the cleanser anymore. I need something that deep cleans and exfoliates, though I do wonder if the L'Oreal would work better with a Clarisonic. I will also, most likely, mix a little argan oil into the moisturizer to boost the hydration level. For now, I'm chalking up the breakouts to the lack of actual cleansing from the cleanser.

Tune in next week for the dramatic conclusion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...