Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Summertime Blues: Sally Hansen Mermaid's Tale

Summertime, Summertime, Sum-Sum-Summertime! It's now (unofficially) officially Summer! Kids are out of school, barbeques are aflame, and ocean-inspired tootsies are proudly on display! I don't know about you, but this time of year, I live in flip-flops. It's just too darn hot for shoes. Heck, today it was really too darn hot for the flippies.

The other day, I ran in Walgreen's for some sunscreen, and ran across this color from the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Summer Collection. It's called Mermaid's Tale, and is just gorgeous for the season.
Yuck. Foot picture. I am so, so sorry.
I can not apologize enough for the foot photo. I'm in the middle of "Wedding Season", so I'm having to keep the fingernails a little more subdued.

Now, Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure has never been my favorite polish--not by a long shot. The formula is a little streaky, and can require about a gazillion (okay, three or four) coats to reach opacity. This shade is no different, turns out. The base color is a navy blue jelly. It's very sheer, and a little gloopy. The glitter and the overall effect make up for the effort you have to put into this, though. The glitters are a fine bright blue and a chunky, hexagonal teal. Applied, the color truly does have an ocean water/mermaid's fin kind of vibe that I...well, I just really dig. This color is. just. beautiful. The wear time is really good, too. I've had it on for over a week, and haven't seen any sign of chipping. Granted, my toenail polish tends to last longer than my nail polish, but I've been working out in the yard in flip-flops, pouring cement and laying pavers. If it was going to chip, it would have.

Mermaid's Tale retails for about eight bucks, but I got mine on sale at Walgreen's for five.

Final Verdict: 8 out of 10. It takes a little work, but it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...