Friday, May 31, 2013

Pinteresting: A Wreath For All Seasons, Part the Second

Yesterday, I teased that I had made a wreath with interchangeable decorations, so I could just swap them out every season instead of having to buy/make a new wreath. You know, in case you missed that post. Today, I'm going to tell you how I did it!

Ready?

You sure?

Positive?

Here you go: Pins. Bridal and Lace Pins, to be exact. You can find them in pretty much any fabric/craft store, and they run about three bucks. I like these because they're super tiny, so they're not too obvious. In fact, you can even make them part of the design.


I got the idea from my Aunt Peggy. She makes the most gorgeous Christmas ornaments by pinning jewels onto fabric-covered styrofoam balls. I have one in my dining room that I leave out year-round because it's just too pretty to pack up. (And I realize that makes me sound like a crazy person, but I assure you, the color and pattern actually go with the rest of the decor. Wow...that sounds worse...IT'S NOT TACKY!! How's that?)

Now, I didn't pin jewels, but I did pin on some really pretty (and insanely inexpensive) appliques. You can pin on just about anything you want, so long as you can stick a pin through it. When you're ready to swap out the decorations, simply unpin. Voila! Here's the finished product:


I have a wreath hanger...somewhere. Until I find it, though, I attached it to the door by tying the ribbon around some of the wrought iron on the screen door. If you make a wreath following this tutorial, you will need to wrap the ribbon around the ring itself before tying it. Otherwise, gravity makes the ring fall and rest on the top of the letter, and that just looks silly.

See? I kind of like the look of the wrapping, anyway, as it turns out.

Overall, I'm thrilled with how this turned out. Now, I just need to clean up the rest of the front of my house. It's looking pretty sad by comparison...

Next project: FIREPIT!!!!!!  (Dear Lord, what have I gotten myself into?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...