Friday, February 4, 2011

That Mouse Is a Bad Influence

Photo Credit: MouseSurplus

Well, my productivity is shot today, and I blame my husband.
 
Thomas found this website, MouseSurplus, that sells Disney memorabilia and collectibles--but not just any collectibles. How would you like to own the FastPass entrance to Disneyland's It's a Small World? Maybe the MGM Studios Toy Story Van is more your style (fun fact: it was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Van before the Pixar gang took it over)? Talk about taking home a piece of Disney! I, personally, have been mulling over the Who Wants To Be a Millionaire hot button from the park attraction. I think it'd look really nifty in the computer corner, plus, it actually works! 
 
The site itself was cool enough, and I spent a few minutes checking out the pretties. Then, I noticed the ebay link. Oh. My. God.
 
There were ten pages of auctions!! Be still my little Mickey-loving heart! Want a stage light prop from the Disney Store (I do)? Original Darby O'Gill press kit (Lord, I get tickled just thinking about Sean Connery singing)? How 'bout a Pirates of the Caribbean promotional pocket watch? What about a (*gasp*) seat from the Alien Encounters Magic Kingdom attraction?! 
 
Yes, some of this stuff is priced in the thousands, but there are things--many that would be considered historic--that the average person (read: ME) could afford. Now, I want to see what someone does with that monorail door that sold before I could get to it. 

Have a great weekend, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...