Sunday, February 20, 2011

Fairytale Results: Philosophy Help Me

For today's product review, I'd like to tell you a story.

Once upon a time (okay, last Monday), there was a beautiful (humor me) and graceful (seriously, just go with it) princess (don't make me keep doing this). The beautiful, graceful princess ventured forth into a wonderous, magical land of enchantment. The land was called Sephora. You see, the princess was in dire need of a fantastical serum, as she was lately of a "certain age", and the flower of her youth was beginning to wilt...

Oh, dear God, how did the Grimms do it?! Okay, non-fairytale version:

Went to Sephora. Saw a tube that appeared to be asking for assistance. Asked the fabulous salesperson (my new fairy godmother) what was up with that, and she sent me home with an insanely huge sample.

Philosophy Help Me ($45, Sephora) is a night cream with a ridiculous amount of retinol. According to Sephora:
"This winner of Allure magazine's editor's choice "Best of Beauty" award for best antiaging treatment helps keep pores clean and minimized, reduces wrinkles and discoloration, and boosts tone and firmness. It delivers the key ingredient, retinol, through encapsulated microsponge technology, which offers stability for gradual release into the skin. The time-release innovation, along with a soothing dose of bisabolol, increases efficacy and helps prevent irritation."
So, I applied the product Monday night with zero expectations, which was just as well, as there were zero results Tuesday morning. I'd been warned that I might experience some irritation, and to make sure I slathered on sunscreen before going outside.

Nope.

No redness, no breakout, no anything. Also, no sunscreen. Oops. I thought I had some, but was apparently mistaken. I did pick some up that...Wednesday...

So, Tuesday night I applied another dose. Now, I'd been told I might want to only use it every other day, but since I'd had no problems, went ahead and gave it another shot. Wednesday morning--nothing.

Wednesday night, I used the Philosophy again (let me just say that Thomas looooved seeing a small container with "Help Me" handwritten on the lid, staring up at him from the bathroom counter, like something from an even more twisted Alice In Wonderland). This time, I did notice a slight, fairly pleasant warmth. Thursday morning, I kid you not, I did not want to put on makeup. My skin looked a-mazing! My pores were practically gone. The wrinkles on my forehead were visibly lighter, and the Winter dullness was now bright and refreshed.

This stuff rocked.

So, used it again Thursday night, and my Mom came over Friday morning. Now, my Mom thinks I'm gorgeous (she's my Mom. She has to), and always tells me so, but this morning was different. In the most genuine, almost dumbfounded tone, she told me that she thought I'd actually gotten prettier since she'd last seen me.

I bought a tube that day. Spending $45 on face cream was painful, but this stuff is worth it.

It is now Sunday night, and I am sitting on the couch, wearing zero makeup. Honestly, I think I look better than I did with makeup on today. I don't have a single blemish, my pores are tiny and clear, and my skin has never been more even. I cannot recommend this product enough. Proceed with caution, as some people do experience irritation or breakouts because the amount of retinol, but please, proceed.

Final verdict: 11 out of 10. Does what it says, and does it well. 

1 comment:

  1. ok, yeah. that has to happen. i've got to get some of that, ASAP.

    ReplyDelete

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...