Friday, January 13, 2012

Frugal Friday: I Don't Wanna Be a Grown-Up!

I miss you guys!!!!! Things are still really crazy, but I wanted to check in and drop off a few discounts I found. In case you're wondering where I've been, adulthood has basically body-checked me. Thomas and I are trying to move out of our apartment and into a house, which is great, but comes with a side order of painting and meeting with the pest control and security peeps (yes, I said peeps. I'm stressed, so just go with it). On top of that, work's a little crazy with upgrades and such (all very good, but again, stressful), and I'm helping Thomas figure out fundraising for a movie, as well and reading over scripts to help him figure what to cut/keep/re-work. Throw in little things like, oh, I don't know...laundry and showering, and I'm a wreck. For added fun, my hair dryer died while my hair was still sopping wet, which made for a very interesting Target run. I need a drink. Or twelve.

If any of you got through that rambling nonsense, congratulations. And you probably need a drink, too.

Anyhoo, here's what I found for you:

E.L.F.: $1.50 shipping on any order of $15 or more with the code 150LIKES. Offer valid through 1/15/12.

Kirkland's: Friday the Thirteenth $13 sale on specific items through 1/15/12.

Sadly, that's all I've got. If anything else shows up, I'll add it to the list. Until then (or until Monday, when, hopefully, I'll be able to write again), here's a trailer for an upcoming movie I'm absolutely dying to see. I watched the trailer last night, and fell in love. It, honestly, made my cruddy day a little brighter. The movie is Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom, and it's the tale of two twelve year-old lovebirds who run off together, and the comic havoc their disappearance creates. Starring Edward Norton, Bill Murray, Francis McDormand, Bruce Willis, and Tilda Swinton (among others), the film looks sweet, absurd, and utterly charming. I hope it makes you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...