Friday, January 20, 2012

Frugal Friday: Work In Progress


Happy Friday!!! Here are your deals and steals o' the day!

Smashbox: Now through Sunday, you can take $10 off any purchase of $50 or more with the code SWEETDEAL. Offer not valid in conjunction with other promotions.

Victoria's Secret: In stores, through Feb. 2nd, you can get a PINK minidog with any PINK purchase. Starting Jan. 23rd, you can also snag one with any PINK online purchase, using the code PINKLOVE. Just make sure you add the little fella to your order first.

Wet Seal: Hurry for this one! 20% off your entire order UNTIL 3PM PST!!!

Today's post is more of a heads up than anything else. I'm in the process of testing out the Real Techniques makeup brushes by Pixiwoo's Samantha Chapman, but I haven't been able to locate all the brushes in the set, so the review is forthcoming, but not ready to go at this particular point in time. It appears they're only available at Ulta here in the States, and mine stays sold out of them. Go figure.

I didn't want to buy a new set of brushes. I really didn't. I've been using E.L.F. for so long, and I dearly love them, but I needed to have a set devoted solely to movie/stage makeup (it's absolutely no fun to have to cart your own, personal set of brushes to and from set. They can get lost, stepped on, broken...did I mention lost? It's nerve-wracking). I decided to donate that set to the cause and give these a shot. I'd watched the Pixiwoo girls use them for a while, and was impressed with the on-camera results.

Anyway, this isn't the review, but I have had the opportunity to test out four of the brushes, and have been extraordinarily pleased with both the quality and the results. Plus, with each brush (that isn't in a collection) running between $5 and $10, with a buy one get one 50% off sale, the price point is comparable to E.L.F.'s.

So, like I said, this isn't the review, but I knew a few of you out there had to be in the market for brushes. Now you can be on the lookout for the review and a breakdown of each brush. Hope that helps some.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...