Tuesday, January 15, 2013

While I Was Out: EMERGENCY!!!!

Hello, there. It's been awhile. How's tricks? Today, I thought I'd share with you a few things I've learned over the past week:

  1. When Urban Decay says 24/7, they really mean 24/7. I wore the shadow pencil in Midnight Cowboy for at least 24 hours, and even cried and rubbed my eyes, and the darn thing didn't budge. Sure, I got glitter all over my face, but the color didn't budge. Sold.
  2. Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer will clear up and moisturize skin super clogged, dehydrated, nasty skin. For real. I knew I liked that stuff.
  3. Gerber Sweet Potato baby food is actually not bad. I'm not saying I want it all the time, but it's not bad.
  4. Emergency room nurses are underpaid. Whatever they make, double it.
  5. There is nothing, I repeat, nothing worth watching between 11am and 6pm. Thank God for youtube and OnDemand (I haven't figured out how to work the sixty billion remotes we have to get Netflix or DVDs without prompting from Thomas. I know, I know, I'm an insult to feminism. I confuse easily.)
  6. My husband, friends, family, and coworkers are awesome.
  7. My Mom is a freaking saint.
  8. Caffeine is my friend, and I miss it terribly.
  9. Starvation is not the key to weight loss. I haven't been allowed to eat for, oh, let's call it a good, solid month (more like two, but with decent days here and there), and it sucks. Right now, all I want is a cupcake and a big ol' plate of fettuccine alfredo. Oooh! Or maybe that crabmeat and brie grilled cheese I saw on the Cooking Channel! Yeah, I need food. Ladies, if you're considering doing something drastic to fit into your Mardi Gras/Prom gowns, I highly advise against it.
  10. Things could always be worse.

Just so you know, I'm okay. I'm not going to go into too many details here, but I've been battling some downright annoying heath issues for a little while now. Nothing pre-existing, Mr. Insurance Man, and hopefully nothing major. I just wanted to let you guys know why I've been MIA for a bit. Some days, I just didn't have it in me, and I'm really sorry. We're still trying to suss out the source of my problems, but I've got great people working on that. Thanks for putting up with the off-and-on, and look for fun stuff coming up very shortly.

Much Love,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...