Tuesday, January 29, 2013

January Favorites

This month has flown by!!! I'm sorry for the sporadic posting, but here's to getting back on track! Today, I have a list of favorites for the month, and I have to say, I surprised myself with some of these. I bet they surprise you, too. Let's have a look, shall we?

Eyes
Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal in Inked in Pink
These cream shadows are utterly amazing. I think I may like them even better than their high-end counterparts! This pink is shiny, rosy, and makes for a beautiful wash of color that lasts until you take it off. For a five-minute face, this is ideal. I've already picked up the (less wearable, but just as gorgeous) blue metallic shade, and am seriously considering a few others.

MAC Apres Chic Eyeshadow in Ice
I've been using this in the inner corner, and it gives just enough warm sparkle to brighten up your look without reminding everyone of Tinkerbell. The color reminds me of snow, but snow that's looked at from inside a warm cabin, while you drink a cup of cocoa. If that makes sense. Which it probably doesn't.

Lips
Homemade Brown Sugar Lip Scrub
DO NOT BUY LIP SCRUB, PEOPLE!!!! Take a tablespoon of butter, melt it, and add just enough brown sugar to make a thick paste (around three tablespoons, give or take). Rub on lips. That's it. The butter is moisturizing and the sugar is rough and, well, scrubby. It takes off dead skin like a dream, and tastes good enough that you could spread it on toast--literally. Best of all, it's pretty much free. Keep the rest in the fridge to use later. I made this to use during filming, since I was in red lipstick, and we all know how pretty red lipstick looks on flaky lips. Our leading man used it, too, and threatened to take it home with him.

Face
Josie Maran Argan Color Stick in Love
This product kept showing up on my radar, and I finally had to try it out. Now, I'm in love. This is the best stick blush I have ever used! The color is very natural, it blends like a dream, and the staying power is pretty darn good, compared to other stick blushes. I also feel like I'm doing something good for my skin when I use it. Again, for busy gals, this is a must-have. You don't even need a highlighter with it!

Tarte 12-Hour Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface
This is not the most fantastic, life-changing blush ever (see above), but I find myself reaching for it more and more. The color is a beautiful, cool pink, and the texture lends itself to blending into the skin. It's just a really good, pigmented, serviceable blush.

Skin
Olay 2-in-1 Daily Facial Cleansing Cloths
These removed greasepaint. Game. Set. Match.

Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Clinical Dark Spot Corrector
I've been using this in conjunction with the overnight peel, and I do think my dark spots are *slightly* lighter. It's only been about a month (which, yeah, I know they said results in four weeks, but let's be real, here), so I'm still on the fence, but the moisturizer is really good, regardless. It's lightweight, smells like apples, doesn't leave my skin looking shiny, and doesn't break me out. If it lightens up spots, that's just gravy.

MVP
Urban Decay Naked Basics
I can not believe I'm adding this to favorites, much less inventing a new category for it! The thing is, hardly a day has gone by that I haven't used this palette. A matte highlight here, a sheer wash of color there. Need a satin inner corner? How about a blending color, or a smudgy liner? Naked 2 and W.O.S. are getting some serious love these days, and the palette is on the fast track to making the Best of 2013 list. I'm shocked, but it's just that functional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...