Tuesday, April 9, 2013

You Can't Take the Sky From Me (But You Can Take My Money)

You know, if I weren't already broke, I certainly would be after today. First of all, I awoke this morning to see this precious sight on Ript:

Photo Credit: Ript Apparel

Malvin and Cobbes!!!! I love it!!!! For the next few hours, you can snag this shirt for ten bucks. After that, head over to Redbubble. It'll cost (quite a bit) more, but you can change the shirt color to one of your liking, and you don't have that evil timer counting down the seconds. While you're there, check out the artist's other works. Karen Hallion's portfolio is a pop culture fever dream of awesomeness. Subjects range from Harry Potter to Labyrinth, on to zombies, Doctor Who, and Disney princesses--often in mash-ups that make you think, "Wow! I never saw it that way, but now that you mention it..." She's good, y'all.

As if that weren't torture enough, a few minutes later, a friend of mine liked a post on Facebook. Martha, I am less than happy with you, now. I want these.





Photo Credit: Sweet Libertine Mineral Cosmetics
 Firefly-inspired mineral eye shadows!!!! I know, I'm using an over abundance of exclamation points today, but...really?!!! The names are fantastic (Inevitable Betrayal, Jayne's Hat, Captain Tight Pants, etc.), and the colors are very fitting. The bright yellow of Jayne's "cunning" hat, the blue gloves...spot on. My favorites are Companion, Leaf on the Wind, and The Captain's Wife, but they're all beautiful in the photographs.

Now, I've never heard of this brand, and I've definitely never tried them, so this is not an out and out recommendation. However, if you want to test them out for yourself, each shade is only $7, and the entire set can be purchased for $120. They've caught my attention, I'll tell you that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...