Friday, April 5, 2013

Spring Sophistication: Easy Coral and Gold Manicure

It's Spring (-ish), and that means it's time for pretty bright colors! It also means that it's wedding season, and I'm (thankfully) ridiculously busy. I needed a nail look that's cute, classy, and quick. Here's what I came up with:


I'm digging it. The most time consuming part was the coral base coat. I used Flower Beauty Nail'd It in What's the Daffodilly-O, and it takes about three coats for full, streak-free opacity. The gold tips were made with Urban Decay nail polish in Superfreak, from the Rollergirl palette. That palette has been discontinued, but you can still find it on ebay. A more readily-available option is Essie nail polish in Good As Gold. The topcoat is Finger Paints. I knocked this out while I watched TV Monday evening...and took the picture today. Friday. That's three solid days of wear without a single chip. I can't vouch that the Essie will be as chip-resistant, of course, but the Flower Beauty has great wear time on its own. This may be my new go-to look for the season.

Got any nail looks you want to share? Leave 'em in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...