Thursday, June 6, 2013

L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain Rev--Oh, Let's Just Call It What It Is--RAVE!

Here's my pick for favorite long-wearing Summer lippie. I know that the other day I posted about the Rimmel Show Off (Apocalips...whatever...) liquid lip lacquers, and said that while they were okay, they were a little drying, and just not my favorite. Of course, I also said that I probably wouldn't pick up any more, and I totally did today, so what do I know? It's my birthday...it was sparkly...I need help...

Anyhoo, in case you were wondering what my favorite actually is, it's the L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain. Well, that's a mouthful.

The first time I tried this, I hated it. Flat-out despised. I don't remember why, though, to be perfectly honest. I just remember that I thought it sucked, and I tossed it in the back of my traincase, presumably never to be seen again...

...But then, I needed an orange lip color. I don't remember why. I also don't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday, and ocassionally can't remember my phone number. For whatever reason, though, I needed an orange lippie, and Coral Tattoo was the only one available. You know what? I loved it!! It was easy to appy, true to color, shiny, lightweight, moisturizing...pretty much everything you could want. I picked up Rose On and On the next time I was at Walgreen's, and it's become a staple. I don't have a shot of Coral Tattoo, but here's the Rose On and On:

Isn't that gorgeous?! You get great color payoff, and it's comfortable. It's like pajama pants for your mouth. You just throw it on and forget about it. I wore Coral Tattoo to a friend's baby shower, and after a couple of hours of eating, drinking, and talking, it hadn't budged. Today, I wore Rose On and On to lunch with my family, and while I did need to touch it up afterwards, it was only because the shine had worn off. The color was still there.
Photo Credit: Crushing On Clothes
This blogger has some lovely swatches, so head on over there! This is Coral Tattoo, by the way.
I could continue to extol upon the virtues of this lip color...so I will! The packaging is too pretty for words. The tube is gold with a little clear window to display the shade inside. The product is scented, but it's a light, floral scent that fades upon application. It's sticky enough to stay put, but not so sticky that it's obnoxious or causes you to eat hair every time the wind blows. It's supposedly a budget-friendly (less than $10, depending on where you go) dupe for the YSL Glossy Stain, and while I have not tried that (because it's freaking expensive), I would believe the L'Oreal to be high end. Basically, it's just a d*** fine lippie.

Final Verdict: I have no cons. None. This is a rare 10 out of 10.

And now, because it's my birthday, and my awesome baby brother took me out to lunch to celebrate (on his dime, I might add), I have to add this photo, because it makes me happy. I love that kid so much.

Happy Thursday, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...