Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Magic Bag O' Samples: Dior Diorshow Mascara

When I signed up for Sephora's new Flash program, I placed an itty-bitty order to test it out, and was able to pick up a deluxe sample of Dior Diorshow Mascara. I've been hearing raves about this product for years, but could never bring myself to spend twenty-five bucks on a mascara. I've been able to use this a few times now, so I feel like I can give you a fair assessment of how well it performs.

Honestly...it's pretty good.

Two coats. Ignore the bags. It's been a week...
Do any of you remember Rose Petal Place? That little doll collection from the early 80s that was all flower-based? Rose Petal lived in a watering can? Anyhoo, Rose Petal Place smelled like, you guessed it, rose petals. This mascara smells exactly like Rose Petal Place. I mean, ex-act-ly. I put it on, and instantly, I'm transported to the little den in my Grandma's house, where I'm on the floor, playing with Rose Petal, and waiting for my turn on the Atari. Frankly, I kind of love that.

As for the performance, I can't really complain too much. It does lengthen the lashes, though I didn't see too much in the area of volume. I did have some minor clumping, but nothing that a lash brush couldn't fix. I did not experience any flaking, irritation, or smudging, even though it is not a waterproof formula. It's a really good mascara, in my opinion.

Will I be buying it, though? No. I still can't bring myself to spend $25 on a mascara. Besides that, I still feel that Buxom Buxom Lash is far superior. It may not smell like my childhood, but it lengthens and volumizes in one coat, and does it for less money.

Final Verdict: 8 out of 10. It's a good mascara, but still too pricey for what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...