Friday, June 21, 2013

Shorts, I Salute Thee

*Apologies to anyone who now has "Camp Anawana (We Hold You In Our Hearts)" stuck in your head. I'm right there with you.

It's crazy hot outside, and as today is the first official day of Summer (For reals? What season have I been melting in for the past month? Spring? Surely not!), I thought I'd share with you my favorite pair of shorts.

Photo Credit: Old Navy
These are fantastic, and here's why:

1. They're twill, so they look nicer than denim, breathe, and don't hold wrinkles. I can hang mine in the bathroom while I take a shower, and that pretty much takes care of "ironing".

2. They have a 3.5 inch inseam (they also come in 5 inch), which makes them short enough to still be young and hip (although, by uttering those words, I have just deemed myself neither), but long enough to cover the cellulite and allow me to squat down when necessary. And yes, sometimes it's necessary.

3. They're cobalt blue, which is too pretty for words, and have a crisp, white, somewhat exotic pattern. You can wear them with a white tank and be casual, or a flowy blouse for a dressier look. I have a neon yellow tee I'm dying to try with them. (They come in other colors, too, but the cobalt is my favorite.)

4. In stores, they're on sale for $15. I can't even...that's just...I bought two more pairs. I have no idea how I'm going to style hot pink or teal shorts, but I'm up for the challenge!

Have a lovely weekend, guys! Try not to evaporate in the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...