Friday, March 2, 2012

Frugal Friday: Hunger Games Nails To Die For

Fun Fact: I know absolutely nothing about The Hunger Games, other than what I've seen in the trailer. All the same, I'm dying to see this movie. It looks both beautiful and terrifiying, action -packed, and just weird enough to grab my attention and hang on for dear life.

From what I've been able to glean from the trailer, this chick, Katniss, volunteers to be her very poor district's contestent for the Hunger Games, to keep her little sis from having to participate. The games appear to be battles to the death, with all sorts of alliances and backbiting...so, of course, this movie needs promotion as a nail polish!

I kid. I mean, I'm dead serious about there being a line of Hunger Games-inspired polishes, but I kid about thinking they're silly. Of course, I want them! Luckily, they're only $5.99 each, and available at Sally Beauty Supply (with a further discount if you have a Sally's card! They're only $3.50 each, then!).

There are twelve colors, each representing one of the districts. My faves are...well, actually, they're all pretty darn wearable colors. I guess, if I had to pick, Riveting, Luxe and Lush, Harvest Moon, and Stone Cold, but really, there's not a clunker in the bunch. Don't believe me? Check out the video below:



Riveting

Luxe and Lush
Harvest Moon

Stone Cold
Photo Credit (All, plus video): Sally Beauty Supply


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...