Tuesday, October 30, 2012

October Favorites!

It's the end of October, and that means it's time for FAVORITES!!! *insert Kermit flail here*

We all have lives, so let's skip the small talk and get straight to it!

Skin
Clean & Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer
While Thomas and I were in Orlando, we realized that the car trip had left both of us with really dry skin that was beginning to break out. We had to run in a Walgreen's anyway, so I had the chance to pick up something, anything, that could help. This was cheap, and we were desperate. Now, I'm happy to say that I have a new favorite basic moisturizer. It doesn't have any anti-aging benefits, but my skin feels great, and breakouts have been at a minimum. Added bonus: it leaves a cooling sensation as it sinks in.

Face
Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation
Ulta sent me a 20% off anything in the store coupon, so I bit the bullet and bought this. My only complaint about this foundation was that it didn't hold up to heat and humidity, but now that it's cooler and drier, that's not really an issue. Ever since I tested this, I've found myself comparing other foundations to it. Now, I could spend the next however long and however much money trying to dupe this foundation, or I could just buy it and be happy. I just bought it, and I've been happy as a clam with it ever since. It's gorgeous, and I highly recommend it.

Eyes
E.L.F. Disney Villains Palette, Maleficent, Night Villain Shadows
As weird as this may sound, and as difficult as it may be to believe, I've been reaching for this more than any other palette, recently. I don't even keep it in a drawer; it's right there next to my brushes. Misfortune, Diablo, and Forest of Thorns are three absolutely beautiful, pigmented, buttery shadows, and they work perfectly for Fall. The rest of the shadows...eh, I could take or leave. These three, I'm really hoping E.L.F. decides to sell as singles. They're amazing.

Lips
Urban Decay Lipsticks in Sellout and Midnight Cowboy
I am ill that these have been discontinued, and I'm really angry at myself for snapping up three colors while they were three bucks apiece on the Urban Decay site. I had no idea I'd like them so much!! The packaging is so vile that I barely have words to describe my hatred, but the lipsticks are glorious. They're moisturizing, wear well, and the colors are simply beautiful. Of the three I purchased, Sellout and Midnight Cowboy have made it into the daily rotation. Sellout is a warm neutral rose, and you can still find it online (see the link). Midnight Cowboy is a glittering nude that also makes a lovely topcoat over other colors. I like it over Dervish lipliner from MAC, but normally wear it on its own. I can't find it anywhere, but if you know of a good dupe for it, please share with the rest of the class.

Nails
Sephora by O.P.I. in Leotard Optional
Sephora by O.P.I. in Blasted Gold Glitter
I've been wearing these together, and love the birch bark effect it leaves on my nails. Leotard Optional is a plummy nude, and the Blasted Gold Glitter is...well, blasted gold glitter.

Other
International Delight Creamer in S'mores
It looks like chocolate milk and tastes like graham cracker. I can't stop drinking it!!!!

I hope you enjoyed this, and have a safe and happy Halloween! If you're in the Northeastern region, and are duking it out with Bad Sandy, please know that you're in our thoughts. Good luck, and be careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...