Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Costume Creations: Easy Halloween Manicure

Here's a quick and easy Halloween nail look. All it took were a couple of polishes I already had (and you probably do, too, since they were pretty popular) and some Scotch tape.

Yeah, I know, I should have cleaned up the edges. I was in a hurry...for something...I can't remember what...
Here's how to do this:

1. File your nails and apply a base coat.
2. Apply 1-2 coats of China Glaze Riveting (or whatever orange polish you like). Allow to dry completely.
3. Measure off five pieces of Scotch tape per hand, and carefully apply the pieces to your fingernails, one hand at a time. Trust me, you do not want to try this with both hand taped up. The tape should be applied so that four nails are covered except for the tips, and one accent nail (you pick) is only covered at the tip.
4. Apply China Glaze Stone Cold (or whatever black polish you like) to the uncovered tips and nail. Allow to dry completely.
5. Remove tape and touch up any uh-ohs.
6. Apply top coat to seal.

Could that be any easier? I really liked the way this turned out. I even got some compliments from Thomas. A word of warning, though: Stone Cold chips if you look at it funny. I chose these because the sparkly finishes worked well together, and also because the Stone Cold is very thick and opaque, and would cover the orange easily. You will need a top coat, and you will need to touch this up daily. If you're doing this for a special occasion, wait to do your manicure until the day of or the night before. Hope you enjoyed this, and Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...