Friday, February 1, 2013

Laissez Les Bon Temps Roullier! Glam Mardi Gras Ball Nails

Tonight, Thomas and I are going to a Mardi Gras ball! I'll be working as a narrator for the tableaux, so I'm even more excited than usual. Normally, the local news anchors and radio personalities take on those roles, so It's a huge honor for little ol' me to get to do this. It's also a really nerve-wracking, because instead of throwing on a gown from a couple of years ago, hoping my hair only frizzes half as much as it normally does, and just trying to blend in with the crowd, I'm going to have a spotlight on me. Oh. Dear. God. No complaints, but I've had to kick "gettin' purty" into high gear.

I have an awesome dress that I hope to God I can squeeze into. It's not Spanx-friendly, so I'm on my own, and already formulating a backup plan. I have fake-baked, exfoliated, moisturized, exfoliated some more, face-masked, moisturized some more, and broken in my heels. Last night, I bit the bullet and did my mani-pedi. I'm never sure of the best time to do those. I chip my nails just thinking about chipping my nails. Anyhoo, I wanted something super glam with just a little bit of silver bling. My dress has silver and, well, it's Mardi Gras. You have to be just a little over-the-top. Here's what I came up with:


Sorry for the slightly fuzzy picture. I can not take a picture of my hand without my other hand shaking. I've even tried propping the camera up on something. I need a tripod. And a better camera. And talent.

The base coat is Femme Fatale by Ulta. Once that dried, I used LA Colors Art Deco silver glitter to draw on the half moon and fill it in. This is not easy to do, and can be very frustrating, so don't get discouraged. Just take your time and remember to breathe. Once that's dried, dot a holographic top coat (mine's discontinued, sadly, but here's a great option) on top of the silver for a little extra dimension. Finish with a clear topcoat.

That's my fancy-schmancy manicure for the fancy-schmancy ball tonight. Tomorrow, the coach turns back into a pumpkin, and the pumpkin into a...carpet cleaner, actually. I have Krampus tracks all over my living room. Glamorous, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...