Tuesday, December 4, 2012

This Is Why I Prefer To Be Nice Sandy

This morning, I dressed and did my makeup as cute as I possibly could, because I was certain I was going to have my mug shot taken.

No, I haven't done anything illegal. Well, it's possible that I may have at one time, but that's up for debate, and it was nothing that warranted arrest (see what I did there?). In short, I received a speeding ticket a few weeks ago. Whether it was deserved is not relevant, but I do think I could have contested it. I didn't for two reasons: A) it was my word against his, and B) my little brother is getting his learner's permit very soon, and I felt it was a good lesson for him to see that his actions have consequences. If his fuddy duddy ol' Sis can get a ticket, so can he. Of course, I didn't want this "teachable moment" to affect my insurance, so I opted to go to Driving School. I went in person, signed up, paid my exhorbitant fee, attended the class, signed all my papers, received my certificate, and was told I had no further obligations and the school would send all of the paperwork to the courthouse.

They didn't.

I called to make sure everything had gone through--just to ease my mind--and found out it hadn't. They had no record of my taking the class, my court date had passed, and I had to go downtown to straighten things out. I now know that this is not a big deal, but this morning I had no idea. I mean, it's not good, but it's not anything like I feared. I'd missed court! Was there a warrant? Would I have to go to jail? I've never even gotten a detention! How would I handle prison? Would I have to get a tattoo? If so, what would I get? Butterflies are nice. I guess I could get a butterfly. Or maybe my initials? I think you get the gist. Basically, I freaked the freak out. My mom was awesome and went with me to help me stay calm (and bail me out, if need be. I wouldn't last five minutes in jail), and the whole mess was over with in less than an hour. I showed my proof of attendance, they made a copy, and that was that. I didn't even have to be fingerprinted, and thank God for that. My nails would totally clash with the jumpsuit.

I'd planned to have a holiday nail look and mini-review for you today, but I'm going to leave that for you to look forward to tomorrow. Or not look forward to. Or possibly just ignore completely. It's up to you, really. I'll be here, either way. Have a lovely Tuesday, and stay out of trouble.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...