Friday, October 21, 2011

Frugal Friday: Mail-Order Mickey

Halloween Headless Horseman Mickey Mouse Pin
Photo Credit: The Disney Store
I have been to every Disney park in the country this year, but it just doesn't feel like October without Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Thomas and I have been the past two years, and have already decided that it feels so weird to miss it that we're going back next year. MNSSHP was never intended to become a yearly thing, and never entered our minds this year...until October...and now we're both a little disoriented. Don't get me wrong--the family trip in July was amazing, and I will cherish those memories for the rest of my life because we all grew so much closer as a family. As of this week, I've started a wall collage of the photos, and I dearly hope we can all go back again together, someday. The Disneyland trip was fantastic, as well, and I would love to go back when we have more time to explore the nooks and crannies. We also got to hang out with some good friends, and you just can't put a price on that. It's just...the Halloween party has, I guess, become our tradition--our very first tradition--without our even realizing it. We just started going because it was a comfortable time of the year, and the ticket price was a lot cheaper than a regular day pass, even though you still get about eight hours in the park. Who knew that we would grow to look forward to the pumpkin displays, creepy lighting effects, or trick-or-treating through the park? I even catch myself (and Thomas, for that matter) humming the at-first-annoying-but-then-infectious "Boo To You" song that plays throughout the parade. The Haunted Mansion isn't the same without zombie makeup on the cast members, and lines aren't as interesting without cosplayers to spot. I once saw a three year-old dressed as a member of KISS. That's just not something you normally find at Peter Pan's Flight.
 
So, to ease my discombobulation at missing the party this year (I didn't even know I wanted to go!), today's Frugal Friday find is free shipping on all Disney Theme Park merchandise, now through October 25th (Tuesday, and coincidentally, the same day The Night Shift is released on DVD. How 'bout that?) with the code PARKSFREE.
 
There's a whole section dedicated to Halloween products, and another whole section that's nothing but Nightmare Before Christmas. And yeah, there's *shudder* Christmas merchandise now available, if you want to get a jump on *shudder, again* decorating the house or stuffing stockings. Prices are what you'd pay in the park, so with free shipping, it's just like souvenier shopping, but without having to figure out how to stuff everything in the suitcase. Have a great weekend!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. So your NOT coming?? Too bad. I only live about 10 minutes from the park and would have been really cool to meet you in person. My wife still works for Disney too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We WISH we could go, but we're kind of stuck here right now. I'd love to get to meet you guys in person, too! Maybe the next time we're in FL or you're in AL we can meet up. Thank you, again, for the amazing piece you're doing on TNS. It's, easily, one of the coolest things anyone's ever done for us. :)

    ReplyDelete

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...