Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Just Try Explaining Anything Less Than an "A" To Your Parents.

This adorable zombie is only $5 at toofastonline.com!
Those of you who have been keeping up with this blog know by now that I recently wrapped filming on an indie movie.  It's called The Night Shift, and it's a supernatural adventure-horror-comedy.  Basically, it's Indiana Jones meets Ghostbusters, and it features a ton of absolutely adorable zombies. 

To get ready for the shoot, we had all the undead extras attend a one-day makeup workshop.  We called it "Zombie 101", and everyone learned how to apply greasepaint, create mottling, and play with what they wanted their characters to look like.  We all had a blast, but it was not necessarily what I would call "higher learning". 

Well, now you can attend Zombie 101 for real.  Although, technically, it's called English 333 at the University of Baltimore, and it's a heck of a lot more educational. 

The class is taught by Arnold Blumberg, curator of Geppi's Entertainment Museum, and author of Zombiemania.  The class will cover 16 zombie movies, from 1932's White Zombie to 2009's Zombieland, and will examine how the character of the zombie has evolved as a reflection of society.

Blumberg's class is not the first on the topic, and I dare say it won't be the last.  The first class was "Zombies in Popular Media" at Columbia College.   Now, Harvard Medical School professor Steven Schlozman, who has written on the neurophysiology of zombies, has hypothesized that the topic might make for an interesting philosophy class.  I know I'd take it.

Alrighty, enough about school and dead folks.  Now for the magic bag o' samples!  Previously, on Adorable Napalm, Erin tested out Bare Escentuals 100% Natural Lip Gloss in Wild Honey, and was less than impressed.  What will she think of today's re-trial?  The shade up for evaluation:  Sugar Plum.  $15, Sephora.com.

So, yesterday I told you that Wild Honey felt wonderful, but that it really didn't show up on my lips.  Of course, that could have been because it was a very light color and just blended with my natural lip color.  Now that you're all filled in, let's continue.

Sugar Plum looks very dark.  It's a pinky plum, and thick.  You would think this would show up, and you would be wrong.  I had a difficult time applying the gloss because I couldn't see where I'd already put it.  There is no color, no shine, no anything.  It appears to be a wonderful moisturizer, and my lips looked natural, but polished, but I really can't see spending $15 on something that could be accomplished by a tinted drugstore lip balm.  Actually, after lunch (since I only had enough Sugar Plum for one application), I pulled out my $3 e.l.f. Mineral Lipgloss in Trendsetter, and ended up with an almost identical look, albeit slightly glossier (and I do mean slightly).

So, if you're okay with paying $15 for a lip balm, be my guest.  I just can't bring myself to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...