Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sign Me Up!

Unilever Global and Ampere Life Sciences, a biotechnology group, have teamed up for a five-year initiative that will focus on antioxidants and the core biology of ageing.  This partnership is meant to create anti-ageing products that cover a variety of categories, and the one major category that Unilever is best known for is food. Now, whether or not this means that one day we'll be able to buy groceries that make us look younger remains to be seen, but how cool is it that it's even a possibilty?  I mean, seriously, forget the flying cars and houses on the moon, this is the future I'm looking forward to.  Until that day, I guess I'm stuck with moisturizing, exfoliating, and reminding myself that the only thing I'm getting out of my ice cream is a little calcium and some calories.  Where's that Delorian when you need it?

Well, folks, the allergies are much better, but I'm still not quite up for trying anything new and potentially scented, so there's no dip into the magic bag o' samples today.  Instead, I'm revisiting First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream.  Normally, after almost a week of blowing my nose, my face is on fire.  Usually, my nose is bright red and flaky, and all the skin around it is dry from medicine and constant rubbing (lovely, I know).  Not this time!  I applied a little bit of this cream to my nose and surrounding skin twice a day, and while it's not totally flake free, it's way better than it usually is.  There's no redness, very little dryness, and I'm not broken out.  As far as I'm concerned, I'm sold.  Actually, I went to pick up a tub today, and the only reason I didn't was the Sephora inside JC Penney didn't carry it.  Oh--one more thing--there's no scent, so there's no chance of aggravating the allergies.  As I said, I'm sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...