Monday, June 25, 2012

Are You Man Enough for Makeup?

Quick Poll: What do you think of makeup for men? Not like blush or eyeshadow, but tinted lip balm, BB Cream, or concealer? Leave your answer in the comments.

Photo Credit: Lab Series
I ask because I'm curious (duh). See, I recently ran across Lab Series BB Tinted Moisturizer SPF 35, and it caught my attention. Lab Series is a men's skincare company, but tinted moisturizers and BB creams are considered makeup. Had I missed a memo somewhere?

A quick Google search led me to Menaji, another men's skincare line, and one that carries concealer and powder. This is, apparantly, a "thing" now. I had no idea.

You know what? It makes total sense. Women wear makeup to look better. Why can't a man do the same? If I have a pimple, I pop on a bit of concealer to hide the redness. Why on Earth should Thomas have to walk around with a blemish on display? We should all wear moisturizer and sunscreen every day. If a guy wants his product to have a little bit of skin-tone enhancing color, more power to him. Why wouldn't a man want to wear something to absorb oil? He wears deodorant, and it's basically the same principle. I'm actually surprised that it's taken this long to go mainstream, really.

Would Thomas wear it? I have no idea. You'd have to ask him. I can tell you, though, that he hates blackheads and pimples and oily skin as much as I do. Then again, who doesn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...