Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Lingerie For Nails


Remember that great Zoya polish that came in my Glossybox? Well, I decided to jazz it up a bit.



How cool is that? The holographic glitter top coat is White Noise by Warpaint Beauty. I found it on clearance at Hot Topic for $1.99, and figured, "what the hey? It'll be fun!" Now, I'm in love with it, and it's been discontinued...of course. So, now I'm on a mission to find a replacement for it. But look at how pretty it is over nude nails!


Seriously, this makes me think of that mesh material designers use on red carpet gowns. It's like lingerie for your nails, and it's so easy to do. Swipe a thin coat on the top third of your nail (you may have to "set" the glitter where you want it), then add a thicker coat on the white tip only--like a French manicure. Add a clear top coat to seal. I used Finger Paints in Natural Talent for the nude base. It's very sheer, so what you're seeing is around five coats. Feel free to find something more opaque to save time.

Moving on, let's dip into the ol' Magic Glossybox o' Samples to check out the Burberry Lip Mist in Copper. One word: Gorgeous. This is less a lipstick and more a butter. It's sheer, but pigmented, a beautiful Summery bronze, and oh, so moisturizing. My only complaints are the flavor, which is far too perfume-y for my taste, and the thirty dollar price tag. It's very similar to the Revlon lip butters you can get at the drugstore for less than a third of the cost. In this case, you're really just paying for the Burberry name and packaging. I'm definitely enjoying my sample, but I won't buy a full-sized one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...