Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Erin's Favorite Things 2011

2011 is almost out of here! To celebrate the passing year, I'm bringing back Erin's Favorite Things!! Here's this year listing of all things adorable!

Food
Raising Cane's
It kills me to replace last year's winner, Foosackly's, with a chain, but I have to. The chicken fingers may not be quite as flavorful, but they're huge and juicy, and the Cane's sauce is outstanding. Throw in the best Texas Toast I've ever tried and tea so sweet it'll rot your teeth right out of your head, and you've got a guilty pleasure worth confessing. Four stars.

Krispy Kreme Halloween Doughnuts
These were beyond precious, and gave my diet a run for its money. If you missed them this year, just wait. They'll be back.

Fashion Trends
JewelMint
I just can't say enough good about this company. The jewelry is affordable, superior quality, and I've yet to wear a piece without being stopped by someone who wants to know where I got my gorgeous [insert piece here]. I'm calling this the All-Around Best Find of 2011.

Cosmetics
Urban Decay Lip Junkie Lip Gloss in Naked
Non-sticky, moisturizing, natural "I'm not wearing anything" color with the perfect amount of shine. It doesn't hurt that the packaging is super-cute, either.

Benefit Coralista
I have all but replaced my NARS Orgasm (sorry, Mom) with this. It's a soft, peachy pink blush with just a hint of sheen. Naturally gorgeous, and price-conscious to boot.

Health and Beauty
Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller Gel
This is a hold-over from last year, and will continue to be for as long as they make it. This is the only thing to ever effectively keep bags at bay, and that makes it a "can't live without" if there ever was one.

Philosophy Help Me
Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Every penny. This retinol treatment made a difference in the appearance of my skin in one use. I kid thee not. After a week, other people starting noticing. It's magic in a tube.

Pop Culture
Movies
Crazy Stupid Love--quite possibly my new favorite movie
The Muppets--happiness on a screen
Tucker and Dale VS. Evil--the most I've laughed all year
The Help--subject aside (opinions differ, I know), but this was one of the best acted films of the year.
The Adjustment Bureau--romantic fantasy that really makes you think

TV Shows
Community--the funniest show on television
Supernatural--back to its roots and better than ever
Doctor Who--my favorite show on the planet. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll want a TARDIS of your own
How I Met Your Mother--Barney's character arc this season has been extraordinary
The Walking Dead--incredible writing and acting; some of the best of television right now

Blogs
The Bloggess--a 6 ft. tall metal chicken and Copernicus the Homicidal Monkey. 'Nuff said.
Regretsy--snark with heart.
The Pioneer Woman--I've gained ten pounds just reading her recipes, and now want to move to a farm.
Cake Wrecks/Epbot--Jen Yates is a comedic wonder, and her crafting skills are enviable.
Magnolia Thoughts--funny, insightful, and incredibly well-written. Yes, she's my friend. No, that doesn't matter. It's just a darn good blog.

Happy Almost New Year, everybody!!

1 comment:

  1. [blush] thank you, my dear. i appreciate it. and i KNEW i'd get you to cross over to the cane's dark side... :)

    ReplyDelete

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...