Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Bargainistas Unite!: August Favorites

It's September! Holy mackerel! That means it's time for August Faves!!!

I swear, you're going to think I'm made of money when you see what I've picked out, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. It's just that I was raised by the Queen and Princess of Bargain Hunting (my grandmother and mother. I'm surprised salespeople didn't cry when they saw them walk into the mall). There is, literally, not one item on here that was purchased at full price, and one item was free.

Anyhoo, I've been really focused on skin care these days, so almost all of these items relate to that fact in some way or another. Let's get started!

Eyes
Super by Dr. Nicholas Perricone Bright Eyes
Recently, the skin around my eyes has looked a little dull. I don't know if it's age, lack of sleep, allergies, or what, but I needed to brighten things up a bit, and pronto. A while back, Sephora had a clearance sale on Super by Perricone, and I picked up this eye cream at half price. It has melon extract in it, and actually does a nice job of brightening. I've been using it morning and night for about a week, and can already tell a difference. Plus, it smells like bananas, which is just kind of neat. I don't think I'd pay $50, but $25 was a great price point, especially considering the huge amount of product you get. This should last a good, long while.

Benefit Erase Paste
This is a brightening concealer, and the second best* I've used. It's not really the greatest for covering blemishes, since it does have a peachy undertone, but it's fantastic for dark circles. The pot I have is a deluxe mini that came in a sampler set, so I paid maybe four bucks for it. It's medium, and I probably should purchase light for the Winter, but this works just fine with the little bit of Summer color I'm sporting right now.

Lips
Ellis Faas in L209
This came in my Glossybox, so it cost me all of about four dollars, too. I adore this color for fair redheads. It's a warm, peachy nude that doesn't wash me out like most. It's demi-matte, long-wearing, moisturizing, and is going to be gorgeous for Fall. I'm in love. Could I pay $35 for it? Um...are you high? Never. If I can ever find it on sale, though, I'm stocking up. Plus, the packaging is bada--I mean, really, really cool.

Fresh Sugar Treatment
This little darling was the Sephora Beauty Insider Birthday Gift this year (along with the Sugar Rose), and I'm completely hooked. I keep it by the sink with my eye cream and face wash, because I hate going a night without this on my lips. It makes them nice and soft, ready for whatever lip color I choose.

Face
NYX Crimson Amulet Palette
You know what, I'm not even going to go into this one. The link takes you my glowing review. What I will say is that I have reached more for this lately than any other palette I own. It's my go-to, and if you can get your hands on one, I highly recommend it.

Ole Henrikson Truth Serum
Again, this arrived in my Glossybox, so it ran about four bucks. I've been using it morning and night for about a week, and aside from a few itty-bitty pimples (I think just from transitioning and clearing out the gunk), I've been extraordinarily impressed. This morning, I actually noticed that my skin looked younger and brighter. That's saying something. I also love that it smells like oranges.

Nails
Illamasqua in Purity
I would never pay fourteen bucks for nail polish, but this came in my Glossybox (so, yeah, four dollars). I also don't care for the formulation, and it chips fairly easily. Basically, I can't recommend it, but it's here because I am absolutely in love with the color! It's lady-like and neutral, but the vibrancy gives it punch and makes it so much fun to wear. I can't stop putting it on, so here it is. Now, if only I could find a cheap dupe for it. Any ideas?

China Glaze in Fast Track
This is a favorite that I, sadly, had to give to Mom. I can't wear it. It looks horrific with my skintone. That said, it's a gorgeous khaki, infused with gold glitter flecks. Khaki is supposed to be big this Fall, so snap one of these up if you can. I found mine (Mom's) on clearance at Ulta, and this link takes you to Sally, where it's even less expensive.

Body
Pacifica Body Butter in Indian Coconut Nectar
Lightweight, non-greasy, and smells heavenly. What I love most is that the coconut is warmed up with spicy vanilla, which makes this the perfect transitional scent from Summer to Fall. I got mine on sale at Sephora for about five bucks, and now it's marked down to three.

*The best, you ask? A concealer palette from ebay. I kid you not. I use it for film makeup, so it's not mine, per se. The one I love is the first one on the second row.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...