Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Theme Park Makeup, Part IV (The Best and Easiest, So Far!!)

*This is the fourth post in a multi-part series. You can read the first three here, here, and here. Thanks!

I know I said I was going to do a really colorful tutorial for you guys, but with Summer fading off into the distance, and Fall steadily racing toward us, I decided to take a cue from yesterday's Emma Watson post and do a bold lip/nude eye combo that is also surprisingly water-resistent. This is a fantastic look for days when know you're going to hit water rides (think: anything non-Harry Potter at Islands of Adventure). It's not waterproof, but you should be able to get through the day without raccoon eyes or scaring small children. I would recommend tossing a concealer and lip product in your backpack, fanny pack (I don't judge), or tote bag. Maybe a powder, too, but I personally don't think it's necessary.

By the way, I am in love with this look. It's fresh, young, and instantly brightens up your eyes. It also takes the bare minimum amount of products and brushes, and practically zero time to do. It's perfect for this type of vacation. Heck, it was perfect for a rushed morning before work today. I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl, anyway, so this is right up my alley; casual, yet polished. Let's take a look:


Bright eyes and pretty lips with slightly flushed cheeks. Honestly, it just looks like I got a good night's sleep and drank some coffee. You could also do the exact opposite of this look by swapping the nude eye product for a bright color, and the bright lip for a nude one. Bright. Nude. Can I type those two words any more?


This look took ten products TOTAL. That includes brushes. Okay, eleven, if you want to toss in another eyebrow brush and skip using the perfectly serviceable one in the E.L.F. Brow Kit. And for you observant people who are like, "there are only nine things in that picture", the missing product is the Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Pencil in Sin...'cause I had a "moment" and forgot about it. Whoops...

  • Too Faced Beauty Balm in Vanilla Glow
  • Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer in Neutralizer
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Pencil in Sin
  • Make Up For Ever HD Blush in Quickie (I think...no label!)
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Tansparent
  • E.L.F. Brow Kit in Medium
  • Maybelline Falsies Waterproof Mascara in Black
  • Tarte Lipsurgence Natural Lip Stain in Enchanted
  • Real Techniques Stippling Brush
  • Real Techniques Buffing Brush

Apply the Beauty Balm to your entire face using clean hands. Next, using the foam applicator attached, apply concealer to blemishes, discolored areas, under the eyes, and also to the lids up to the brow bone. Run UD Sin over the lid, to the crease, under the lower lashes, and in the inner corner. Using the stippling brush, apply cream blush to apples of cheeks and blend out across the cheekbone. Using the buffing brush, apply powder to oiler areas, and anywhere you have concealer that needs to be set. Fill in brows lightly with the powder side of the eye kit. Apply mascara to top and bottom lashes. Fill in lips with stain. The. End.


Here's a close-up of the eye. Sin just gives it a little luster and polish, and brightens up the area. Also, how great is that concealer?! Full review to come, but I can already tell that it's a good one.

Obviously, these products are just recommendations. Any pretty peachy pink cream blush will work. I just know this one has staying power. Milani makes a great dupe for the shadow pencil, and Revlon's balm stain is a wonderful drugstore replacement for the Tarte. The Too Faced is the best "BB cream" I've found, so I don't have a drugstore dupe for it, but I'm keeping my eyes open. If you find one that's your "Holy Grail", please let me know! Have fun with this, and let me know if you tried it, and what you thought. Have a fabulous Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...