Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Deck the Nails, Part 3: Zoya Daul

The search is still on for a sparkly, glittery, festive, Christmas red nail polish. I actually, just last night, tried one that looked promising. It, um, wasn't. I'm going to give myself a little time to get over the initial shock of it before I photograph it and post it here. Maybe it will grow on me?

Anyhoo, I decided to take a break from the mission and play with a pretty purple. Here's Zoya in Daul:


Photo Credit: Zoya

None of these photographs can really do it justice. Daul has a stunning royal purple base that is generously infused with gold glitter. It's not quite Dual Chrome, but the color does vary depending on the light.


Sunlight
 This reminds me of one of my favorite Mardi Gras gowns. It's a goddess-style draped gown in this exact shade of purple, and the fabric was woven with tons of gold shimmer throughout. When you dance in this dress, you absolutely glow.


Shade
 I say all of that, not so much to tell you about a nice dress, but to drive home the point that this is a celebratory shade, and one that appears to carry its own spotlight with it. The shade is so delicate, the best way to describe it is "gossamer". It's unbelievably gorgeous, and I can't stress that enough.


Partial Sunlight/Partial Shade
 As for the formula, I have no complaints. The polish glides on, and reaches full opacity in two coats. I applied three, just to be safe. The consistency is not runny, and the polish dries in minutes. I've been wearing it for seventeen hours with no chipping or flaking. I know that's not a long time, but I've been shopping, fumbling through my purse, and typing for a good chunk of that time, and none of that is easy on your nails.


Indoors
 In my book, this is a keeper. If you're looking for an unexpected nail color this season, I highly recommend Daul. $8, zoya.com.

Final Verdict: 10 out of 10. Gorgeous color and gorgeous formula at a not too shabby price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...