Friday, March 18, 2011

One Foot On a Banana Peel...

So, I think I broke my foot...five years ago. I fell down some stairs backstage during a show twisted my foot pretty badly, then (because the show must go on!) carried on and performed seven dance numbers. If it wasn't broken before, it didn't have much choice but to be after all that abuse. It swelled up and turned blue, and my stage manager attempted to take me to the local doctor, but they wouldn't see me because I was an out-of-towner. My medical attention ended up being an ACE bandage and some Icy/Hot. Awesome.

Fast forward to a few months ago, when I fell off a foot stool and aggravated the injury. A little ice and a few days in the trusty ACE bandage, and I was good to go again.

Except, I'm not. I'm really not sure what happened, but my foot is killing me again. I'm going to go on a search for the ACE bandage and an ice pack. In the meantime, this is it for the weekend. I hope everyone has a fantastic break, and I'll see you on Monday.

***P.S. There are a lot of people in this world with greater problems than a bum foot. You can help a few by purchasing this shirt:
Photo Credit: Ript

The writing under the picture says, " Ript Apparel and Mammoth Printshop will be teaming up and donation $5 per shirt sold to the Red Cross in order to help Japan. Our artist Buxatron will be donating their $1 per shirt sold as well. If you haven't already donated, please follow the link on the top of [the website's] page and get to it. They need all the help they can get." It's ten bucks, and worth every penny.

Also, Forever 21 is donating 100% of all profits today to the effort to help the Japanese people. That's another easy and fun way to do the right thing.

You guys rock!

1 comment:

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...