Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Zhen Shi Mei Miao*

As I mentioned yesterday, I've been on a bit of a theatre kick since watching Sunday night's unusually entertaining Tony Awards. My husband, on the other hand...eh, not so much. Don't get me wrong, he appreciates the theatre, and has even seen a couple of shows that I (*gasp!*) haven't. Not that I'm bitter. I mean, The Producers wasn't that great, right? Right? *sigh*

Anyhoo, I spent Sunday in rapt wonderment over the performances, while Thomas fiddled on the computer and played around on his phone. I mainly wanted to see the number from Anything Goes, because I played an Angel in the show a few years ago (Virtue: the easy kind, if you must know), and thought it would be fun to see how our costumes compared (nearly identical, I'm happy to report). Well, Thomas actually watched part of the act, and, when I asked him how he liked it, pointed out that it was cute, but he preferred it in Mandarin.

From that moment on, I have had an earworm of Kate Capshaw lip-synching "Anything Goes" over the Temple of Doom opening titles. Thanks, honey. Thanks heaps. So, for your listening and viewing pleasure, I give you:



Ain't that a hoot? As it turns out, today is actually the thirtieth anniversary of the franchise's first entry, Raiders of the Lost Ark. Why not celebrate by re-watching the classic. No, Indy doesn't sing, but it sure beats the heck out of outrunning boulders and avoiding snakes. Plus, I hear number five is going to happen, so we might as well get ready for it.

*Anything Goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...