Friday, June 3, 2011

And the Winner Is....

Magnolia!!

Granted, she was the only one who entered...but that doesn't make her entry any less cool! Actually, even if we'd had dozens of entries, this one still would have caught my attention, and possibly even won! It's really quite impressive.

So, without further ado, I give you: Magnolia's CHALLENGE! Winning Entry!

First, a reminder of the amazing six-dollar dress:
Photo Credit: Old Navy
The challenge was to accessorize the dress so that it would be suitable for a casual cocktail party. You see, my birthday is coming up (faster than I'd like), and while I'm not having a throwdown party, I am having dinner with a few close friends. This is the dress I'm planning to wear, and folks, I was stumped. I now have a clue what to do, and I'd like to thank Magnolia for all of her help. Now, onto the winning design!

Photo Credit: The Limited
I love this necklace. The strands are so delicate, but the stones make a strong statement. This is a confident, rockin' piece, but also one that's casual enough for a poolside BBQ. $32.90, The Limited.
Photo Credit: The Limited
What would the necklace be without matching earrings? These provide just enough laid-back sparkle to compliment a loose Summer up-do. $19.90, The Limited.
Photo Credit: J. Crew
These shoes come in black and rose, as well, but I love how the metallic mushroom plays off of the natural colored stones in the jewelry. It's also close enough to skin tone to elongate legs. Plus, nothing says Summer like a flip-flop, and these are just dressy enough. $26.50, J. Crew.

Congratulations, Magnolia!! Now, I just need to go shopping...Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment:

  1. glad you liked it. i own all three pieces here, and now i just have to track down the dress. :)

    ReplyDelete

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...