Thursday, September 29, 2011

Frugal Fridays: Surviving the Four Month X-Mas

Carol of the Malls
(To the Tune of "O Tannenbaum")

Oh, Christmas Tree! Oh, Christmas Tree!
Why are you out so early?
My bathing suits aren't packed away?
Why are you out so early?

We're still a month till Halloween;
I've no int'rest in boughs of green!

Oh, Christmas Tree! Oh, Christmas Tree!
Why are you out so early?

Oh, Christmas Tree! Oh, Christmas Tree!
Why are you out so early?
We've hit a hundred 'grees today;
Why are you out so early?

Two aisles away are pumpkins fine;
Next week, I guess, come Valentines?

Oh, Christmas Tree! Oh, Christmas Tree!
You're out too freakin' early!!!!

Yeah, I know. I haven't even decided on a Halloween costume, yet, and the Christmas decorations are already decking the retail halls. As a former mall employee, I resigned myself to this "tradition" many, many moons ago. Still, it never fails to surprise me. Oh, well. Whatcha gonna do?

I tell you what I'm going to do! I'm going to give in, start my Christmas shopping early, and make darned sure I actually use the shopping rewards programs I'm signed up for! I'm in MyPoints for online shopping and love it, but there are so many others you can choose from, like Ebates or Extrabux. It's also important to remember to use your loyalty cards, like Sephora Beauty Insider, Smashbox Pretty Points, Starbucks, Lenny's Sub Shop, CVS, PetSmart, Staples, and Big Lots (and that's just from going through my wallet--there are tons more out there. Just look where you shop), and check to see if your credit cards--or even debit cards--offer rewards.

Like it or not, Christmas is here, it's expensive, and every little bit helps. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...