Monday, October 3, 2011

Pretty Pumpkin Pasties (and More!)

Happy Halloween Month!!! It's finally here!!! As those of you who've been around the blog for awhile know, I'm a Halloween nut, so for the month of October, AN is dedicated to all these ghostly and ghoulish. Don't worry, though! I run a clean blog, so it'll all be family friendly and totally safe for work (unless notated otherwise). To ease us into the holiday spirit, here's a fun, pumpkin pasty recipe from the folks at Mugglenet. These are not sweet treats, but would be appropriate for lunch after a long morning raking leaves or decorating the yard. Seems that Harry Potter and his little Wizarding World friends enjoyed munching on these, so maybe they'll be a hit with the tiny witches and warlocks in your world. Just look how pretty they can turn out!
 
Photo Credit: Mugglenet
 
There's also a really easy recipe for Butterbeer (that I'm proud to say isn't far off the one I came up with last year) that would go nicely with the pasty, and make the whole meal into a truly festive treat.
 
Of course, if you're like me and love pumpkin but have no time (or talent) for cooking, might I suggest Healty Choice Pumpkin Squash Ravioli? I've had it a few times, and I have to say, I'm hooked. Plus, it's only 300 calories and chock full of veggies, so it's actually good for you and your waistline. That's the kind of treat I like: the kind with no tricks involved.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...