Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Skin As White As Snow...Check!

Oh, I'm so excited! Tonight, I'm going to the sneak preview of Snow White & the Huntsman, and it looks like it's going to be amazeballs. I have no idea why, but I have been completely stoked to see this movie since I first heard about it. I guess it's because the princess part of me loves a good fairy tale, and the feminist part of me really digs it when the heroine kicks some serious butt. Anyway, I've been all over this one, and even managed to score a cooler-than-usual promotional t-shirt that I'm wearing today. It's a super-soft gray burnout v-neck with silhouettes of birds making up the shape of a tree printed on the hip. Honestly, it just looks like a fashion tee, with the only giveaway that it's a promo being the movie's logo printed on one sleeve. I didn't notice it for quite a while, and I was studying the shirt pretty hard. Anyhoo, it seems that nifty t-shirts weren't the only tie-in for this movie, and there are actually a couple of impressive beauty sets (which makes sense) on the market. 
Photo Credit: Benefit
If you're a Benefit fan, there's the gorgeous Rare Beauty set. It includes a full-sized POREfessional balm, full-sized BADgal mascara, deluxe sample of Benetint cheek and lip stain, and deluxe sample of High Beam highlighter, all housed in an absolutely lovely lavender and pearl train case. The set goes for $45, which seems a little high until you remember that POREfessional runs $29, and BADgal is another $19...so you'll end up saving $3 right off the bat, and that's not even taking into account the deluxe samples or the case. If you use those two products, snap this up. Me? Well, I like POREfessional very much, and use my sample size underneath mineral makeup. Unfortunately, BADgal isn't for me. It's a good mascara--don't get me wrong! It's just not my personal favorite. I'm more into Buxom and Tarte. I do like the High Beam highlighter a lot, but I'm currently in love with a cream highlight from Urban Decay (discontinued, wouldn't you know), and I've found that, pretty as Benetint is, I can't use it. I'm probably the only person on the planet to have a reaction to it, but I'm sort of allergic. Who knew? In other words, it's a wonderful set for somebody, just not me. I do encourage you to check it out, though. 
Photo Credit: Beauty.com
The other set is the much more affordable, twenty-five dollar Deborah Lippmann Snow White & the Huntsman nail polish duo. It contains two polishes, one each in Prelude To a Kiss (a pale, almost eggshell pink) and Dark Side Of the Moon (dark, blue-based blood red). I have zero experience with these polishes, but the colors look beautiful in the box.

For giggles, I thought I'd try a Snow White-inspired look to wear to the movie. I knew that cheeks and lips would be the main focus, so for the eyes, I did a sugar-sparkle shadow (snow sparkles, right?) in a barely-there shade. Of course, Kristen Stewart is known for her smoky eye, but that wouldn't be appropriate with the strong lips and cheeks, so I tried a toned-down version to keep the look natural and pretty. Other than that, I worked a lot on making the skin look dewy and flawless (ha! I am so broken out, it's ridiculous). What do you guys think?


Products used:
TooFaced Beauty Balm in Vanilla Glow
Benefit Boi-ing Concealer in Light
E.L.F. Mineral Foundation in Warm
E.L.F. Brow Kit in Medium
NYX HD Eye Primer (works GREAT for glitter shadows!)
Eyes: Urban Decay Stardust in Space Cowboy--All Over
         Satin-Finish Camel from NYX Dark Shadows Palette--Crease
         Matte Charcoal Brown from NYX Dark Shadows Palette--Lower Lash 
         Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Zero--Upper Lash
         Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Pencil in Sin--Inner Corner
Maybelline Falsies Mascara in Black--Upper and Lower
NYX Matte Red Blush from the Dark Shadows Palette (I knew I could find a way to wear it!)
MAC Mineralize Blush Duo in Moon River as Highlighter (discontinued, but I'm working to find a dupe!)
Revlon Lip Butter in Cherry Tart

1 comment:

  1. Ive been wanting to purchase these!
    And maybe i will lol

    great blog!
    Cheers

    http://missbitchxox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...