Friday, May 25, 2012

Frugal Friday: Window Shopping Challenge!

Happy Friday-Before-A-Three-Day-Weekend!! Major sales happening over the next few days. I won't bore you with those, since they'll all but slap you in the face if you're out and about. Instead, here's the scoop on some extra special savings that you might not know about. Let's get to it!

TooFaced: Free Shipping all weekend with code THANKYOU12. Exp. 5/28.
Sally Beauty Supply: Take an extra 50% off all red tag clearance with code 555100. Exp. 5/28.
Bath and Body Works: $1 Shipping on orders over $25 with code MEMORIAL25. Exp. 5/28.

Question: has anyone here ever paid full price for anything at Aeropostale? That store seems to be in a state of perpetual clearance, and that's just fine and dandy, dandy and fine with me. Today, I looked and about half the store was 70% off. Just for giggles, I hopped on Polyvore and gave myself a challenge: put together a Memorial Day BBQ outfit for under $50, using only Aeropostale items. Here's what I came up with:


$50 Memorial Day BBQ Outfit


Not bad, if I do say so, myself. Dress, shoes, bag, and two accessories (that ring is precious, and I like the way the curve in the sunglasses mimics the curve in the bodice), and the total came to $44.10. For coming in so far under the imaginary budget, I imaginarily treated myself to an imaginary lip gloss, bringing the final bill to $49.60. Heck, I'm so proud of myself, I may go try this on at the real Aeropostale this weekend. You can't beat twelve bucks for a dress.

I hope you all have a truly wonderful holiday, and please take a moment to remember the reason for the day. See y'all next week! If you're interested in any of the products mentioned, there are links below. Bye!

Nyx lip gloss
$5.50 - nyxcosmetics.com

Floral Halter Dress
$12 - aeropostale.com

Aero Surf Vertical Tote
$10 - aeropostale.com

Jelly Quarter Strap Sandal
$7.35 - aeropostale.com

Vented Shield Sunglasses
$9.75 - aeropostale.com

Sparkly Jelly Ring
$5 - aeropostale.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...