Thursday, May 24, 2012

50,000 Page Views...And Counting!

I am so excited, y'all! Today, this little blog hit 50,000 page views, and they're still coming! Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for reading this. It's been such a fun experience, and I wouldn't be able to continue without you. Seriously, folks, thank you.

In celebration, I thought we might revisit the ten most popular posts. Come with me on a journey down memory lane...

The Ghost Post
Well, we've moved out of the haunted apartment, so that's good. Thankfully, since the move we've not encountered any more paranormal activity, though I did scare myself silly watching a ghost movie the other night. Whoops...

The Second Annual Obligatory Twilight Post
I don't have the Alice palette mentioned, but I did do a mini-review of the Rosalie palette just recently. Also, if you've not subscribed to the Pixiwoo YouTube channel, you're really doing yourself a disservice. It's one of the best sites for tutorials around.

Goth Kitteh Can Has Hot Topic?
Wowzers! The Manic Panic people have really added to this line! I am absolutely loving the single pan eyeshadow refills that pop right back into the palettes. First, they're 100% cruelty free. Then, they're Vegan. Now, they're going sustainable. If I ever get my hands on one of these, I may just be in love. Has anyone here tried any of this makeup? How does the quality stand up? Enquiring minds need to know. I've yet to see any of these products in my area.

Um...The Dog Ate My Blog Post?
I have to say, it has ceased to amaze me that this post made it into the top ten, much less the top five, considering it was just a, "got busy, see you later" post. Thank you, guys, for taking an interest in my movie. Since that post went up, we received distribution and are now on shelves and available online. Adding to the excitement, the soundtrack was just released on CD and MP3 a few weeks ago. Thank you, again, for supporting me, Thomas, and all of the gang at Fighting Owl Films. I love you guys!

The 100th Post!!
Would you believe I'm still using that sample of Miss Dior Cherie? I absolutely love it, and the tester has lasted for ages. Soap & Glory is now at Sephora, but the price has gone up tremendously, so I still haven't replaced my empties. Oh well, I've had fun trying out new shaving creams every few weeks, but I still haven't found one to compare.

Where's the Simplicity Pattern For That?!
Sadly, I've seen nothing to top this awesomeness. If you have, please leave a link in the comments. I'd LOVE to see it.

Worth No Sleep and Crazy Crowds: Stila Glitz and Glam Palette
Well, this post took off like gangbusters! It also taught me the importance of swatching, so thank you to the commenter who asked about that. I'm still learning, and appreciate any and all helpful hints. As for the palette, I don't know how readily available this one still is, but Stila is constantly churning out new ones, and from what I've seen, they're all great quality and a real steal. Just keep your eyes peeled.

You Are Not Saving the World Wearing That, Young Lady!
This post proved to be moot, as the Wonder Woman reboot never happened, but it was fun to see your comments on the outfit and on the role of female superheroes, in general. For the record, I'm a fan of the Black Widow costume from The Avengers. I thought it was functional and attractive without being overly sexualized. So, there.

There! Art Thou Happy?: UNII Palette Review Part II
The UNII was redesigned, and while I don't hate it, it doesn't fill my needs as well as the original version. In the interest of full disclosure, when I realized I needed a new palette for Fighting Owl Films, I went with a Z Palette. It hasn't come in, yet, so I don't know if it'll be any better, but if I can't have air-tight, either way, then I'm going for more bang for my buck with the bigger size.

We Are Marshall (and Lily)
Lastly, my favorite of the group. It's really touched me that you guys liked this post enough to keep it in the top ten, since it is so personal. I guess, in keeping with the comparisons, we're still very much like Marshall and Lily. We moved out of our apartment and into the house I grew up in, which means that my family has had the fun of pointing out all of the house's idiosyncracies (though, in a, thankfully, much less annoying way than Lily's Dad). Thomas is working for a non-profit, saving the world. Of course, we did skip out on that whole baby thing. We got a puppy, instead.

So, that's it! The top ten posts of all time, revisited. I hope you've enjoyed it. Here's to 50,000 page views, and to 50,000 more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...