Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Theme Park Makeup, Part Trois

*Ed. Note: This is the third in a multi-part series. The first two can be found here and here

Well, we're still waiting on the still-tropical storm, and everything's closed, so I thought I'd post a quick "this would work on water rides" theme park look. I put it on to withstand torrential rains (in case I have to get out in it), so it should be able to handle Universal's Jurassic Park flume. You know, theoretically. Nothing is going to be totally waterproof, but maybe you won't have to run to the ladies' room, bypassing GO and $200, to wash off the raccoon eyes.


Oooh! It's so fuzzy I'm gonna die!!!!  This is the only snapshot I got before realizing the rain had started and the puppy was still playing outside. Seconds after this photo, I dropped the cell phone, and ran like heck to let in a dripping chihuahua, who proceeded to shake all over the living room, and run me all over the house to get his wet T-shirt off of him, then refused to let me put a dry one on him until after I'd let him pick it out first. Yes, he had to choose his own shirt. It has the Avengers logo on it. I'm proud.

Anyhoo, here's what I used:

Too Faced Beauty Balm
Benefit Boi-ing concealer
Benefit Creaseless Cream eye shadow in Sippin' 'n' Dippin' (lid and crease)
Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Pencil in Rehab (crease and lower lash line)
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero (upper lash line)
WATERPROOF MASCARA--I still don't have one. I can't decide!!! Anyone have a favorite to recommend?
MAC Cream Color Base in Virgin Isle (applied to cheeks with Real Techniques stippling brush)
Benefit Watt's Up highlighter (brows, inner corners, and cheek bones)
E.L.F. Brow Kit in Medium
Revlon Lip Butter in Cherry Tart
Rimmel Stay Matte powder (just to set concealer and maybe T-zone, if you think you need it)

I used my fingers for everything but the blush, brows, and powder. This is, really, a very travel-friendly look. There are eleven products, but they're all very small, and I threw this look together in less than ten minutes. Honestly, I didn't time it, but it was probably more like five minutes. The most difficult part was deciding which products to use.

Now, you've probably noticed that all of these park looks have been neutral. Keep on the look-out for a very colorful post coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...