Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Do Not Adjust Your Monitors

Photo by Dissizit
You can't escape it.  It's everywhere;  infiltrating your movies, your televisions, even your very senses.  There is No. Way. Out.  Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the young men's department...T-SHIRTS!  IN 3-D!!!

I don't know about anyone else, but I've just about had enough of the 3D craze.  The movies give me a headache, cost way too darn much, and now, even televisions are getting in on the game.  I have a hard enough time keeping up with the remote!  How on Earth am I going to keep up with glasses, too?  I lose my sunglasses on a daily basis, as it is!  This is really getting to be a little much.

But now, as if movies and television weren't enough, the latest items to fall prey to the 3D monster are t-shirts.  Middle Eastern design house, Splash, is using 3D technology as a major part of the print campaign for their Autumn 2010 collection, with 3D ads (complete with glasses) in magazines, models sporting the specs on the runway, and, of course, a special limited edition t-shirt with 3D glasses hang-tag.  No word on pricing or U.S. availability as of posting. 

However, if you're in the States and just dying for a 3D t-shirt, you're in luck.  California-based company, Dissizit, has a series of 3D shirts available.  You can find them here for $32 a piece, but be warned:  I'm only showing one of the shirts in this post because I try to run a clean site.  They're not exactly family-friendly, if you catch my drift.

And now, for today's dip into the magic bag o' samples!  In case you're just joining us, I have an enormous stash of samples.  Everyday, I pick one at random (or not) and try it out, then review it here.  Today's pick:  Zirh Clean Face Wash.

Here's what Sephora has to say about it:
Zirh Clean is a clarifying cleanser that uses a triad of alpha-hydroxy acids (glycolic from sugar cane, malic from apples, and lactic from milk) to cut through dirt, pollution, and oil. Clean washes away debris and acne-causing bacteria, while gently removing a layer of dead skin cells to uncover new, smoother looking skin. It also multitasks as a shaving cream.

Well...this is embarrassing.  I had no idea.  Zirh is a men's line.  Oops.  There is absolutely nothing on the sample packaging that denotes gender specificity, and according to the user reviews, I'm not the only girl who used it accidentally.  Oh well.

I have to say, I really liked it.  It smells like lemons and menthol, lathers beautifully, and removes every trace of makeup--including mascara and eyeliner (yes, I was bad and failed to wash my face last night.  Sue me).  The cleanser cools your skin (which was much appreciated since my air-conditioner died and it's a million degrees inside my apartment), and leaves a slight tingle after it's rinsed off.  Zirh left my skin super clean, exfoliated, and feeling fresh.  I don't care if it's for men;  my husband can fend for himself this time.  I'm a Philosophy girl, normally, but Zirh is making me take a second look at my usual routine. 

The cleanser retails for $20 for 8oz. at Sephora.com, and comes in a really cool metal bottle.  This seems to be the sticking point for most of the users who reviewed it.  The cleanser is really thick, and the bottle's design makes it difficult to dispense the product.  Most have asked the company to please package it with a pump.  My suggestion:  go to the store, buy a lotion pump, and repackage the cleanser yourself.  Bonus:  you can make the new bottle as girly as you want.  Take that, Zirh!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...