Tuesday, August 14, 2012

"I Love Princesses"..."I Know"...

I'M TOO OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may have heard about Disney's limited-time merchandising...I'm going with "experience", here...where you could purchase a figurine of your likeness frozen in Carbonite? It was launched during Star Wars Weekend, and much to Thomas' weeping and gnashing of teeth, we missed it. Well, now the personalized action figure opportunity is back, only slightly different.

Photo Credit (This and All): Disney Parks Blog

Yes, you can now be a Disney Princess! At least, you can be one if you're between 3 and 12 years-old and have a parent or legal guardian's permission. I'M TOO OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



The "D-Tech" process takes about ten minutes, and the princess of choice will be personalized to match the child's hair and skin color, as well as bear the child's likeness. In 5-7 weeks, the 7-inch figure will arrive at your door. Pricing runs $99.95 plus $15.95 shipping, with additional 7-inch figures running $74.95, and 3-inch figures priced at $39.95. A silver charm bracelet is included with each purchase.


Admittedly, the finished product can be a little...I don't want to say "creepy", but that's the only word I can come up with. I don't know what it is, but I find them just a bit off-putting. I still want one--don't get me wrong--but I think it's just seeing a child's face on an adult's body that's throwing me. I also don't understand the age restriction. There wasn't a max age for the Carbonite figure. Why one for princesses? I know some 13 and 14 year-olds who would go bonkers for these! Plus, an adult face on an adult body makes more sense. I think Disney is missing out on a very important demographic here. Plus, think of all the Mother/Daughter sales they could be making! The mind boggles.

What do you think? Creepy or Cute? What about the age limit? Leave your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...