Friday, August 24, 2012

Frugal Friday: Rediscovery

One way I've been able to save a little bit of money, lately, has been by trying to see some of the makeup I already own in a different light. For example: I have a Vincent Longo Hydro-something-or-other that I almost never use. I tried it as a blush; I tried it as a highlighter; I even tried it as lipgloss and eyeshadow. Nada. Into the abyss--I mean, drawer--it went, probably never to be heard from again...until I saw this video on YouTube:



My Hydro-whozee-whatsit is very similar to the stick product used in the video! Also, that eye shadow looks an awful lot like that weird Snakebite color in my Naked 2 palette! And I'd never thought of lining my eyes with that technique! Now, I'm no Victoria's Secret model, so I didn't follow the tutorial to the letter, but I did use it as inspiration and, using only products that were on-hand, came up with this:

Again, pardon the car. It's the best lit area I have. Seriously. Also, someone please tell me that the model in the above video started out with bronzer in the hollows of her cheeks, and make me feel better. Pretty please?

I really like this! Plus, I now have a use for a couple of products that were previously collecting dust.

Looking for inspiration, yourself? Here are some of my favorite tutorials that I've stumbled upon recently. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have! The ladies in these videos are incredibly talented, and a lot of fun to watch. Please click on the "More Info" button at the top of each video for information on how you can subscribe to their channels. Thanks!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...