Monday, August 27, 2012

Stormy Weather: Hurricane-Inspired Makeup Look

There's a hurricane a-comin'! A HURRICANE A-COMIN'!!!

Or, you know, something like that.

My home is in a state of emergency, and just barely outside of a mandatory evactuation zone, so Thomas and I have spent the weekend preparing for the worst and hoping for the best...which would be a day off from work and just enough rain to knock the pollen off the cars. Right now, it's absolutely gorgeous outside, so I decided to celebrate the beautiful weather with a colorful, Hurricane cocktail-inspired (sunset-colored), almost Fall makeup look.


I like it. It kind of makes me think of a 1920s flapper, but maybe I'm just weird. Here's how it breaks down:

Skin
Primer: Tarte Clean Slate
Foundation: MAC Studio Sculpt in NW15
Concealer: Benefit Boi-ing
Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte
Blush: NARS Orgasm
Highlight: MAC Mineral Blush Duo in Moon River
Eyes
Primer: Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Sippin' 'n' Dippin'
Shadows: Stila in Prize, Urban Decay in Free Love, Urban Decay in Woodstock, LORAC in Sand
Liner: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero, Urban Decay in Suspect, Urban Decay in Dark Horse
Mascara: Buxom Lash in Black
Brows: E.L.F. Brow Kit in Medium


To get the gradated effect, I began with Prize in the inner corners, and took it a third of the way across the eye. I added a thick layer of Free Love to the center third of the eye, and a thick layer of Woodstock at the outer corner. I blended Woodstock through the crease, then used a fluffy blending brush to sort of rake the color across my lids, going from hot pink to gold, only in one direction. Under the eyes, I lined the lash line with the same colors, in the same order, then used a thin line of Suspect to blend them together. Dark Horse lines the outer half of the lash line. Sand fills in the area from crease to brow.


Lips
Liner/Lipstick: Buxom Big & Healthy Lipstick in Bombay
Gloss: Buxom Lips in Amber
I hope you enjoyed this! I know I had fun putting it together. For those of you down here: stay safe!! For everyone else: have a great Monday, and I'll try to post tomorrow. Comments? Leave 'em below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...