Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ghost Rider 2 Artwork? I'll Bite!

The new Ghost Rider movie comes out this weekend!!! WOOOO!!!

Oh...you're less than excited? Huh. Um...well, then. Awkward...

My ticket was free!!! WOOOO!!!

That work better for you? Thought so.

Thomas managed to score us some free passes to an advance screening of the movie, so we're treating the little brother to a (God, I hope) fun movie tonight. I won't lie; I'm not stoked. See, I was really excited for the first one, and ended up disappointed. That said, Nicholas Cage* on fire is kind of a hard thing to pass up, so I'm willing to give the skeletal biker another chance.

*I adore you, Nicholas Cage. Just so you know. Raising Arizona is a favorite, and I actually really enjoyed The Sorcerer's Apprentice. You were not the problem with the first GR movie, trust me. Also, if you say you're not a vampire, I'll totally believe you. Please don't bite me.
Photo Credit: Paranormal Pop Culture

What did excite me on the GR front, however, was this mind-blowingly amazing artwork my friend Jon Pinto put together for his blog. Jon, as you may recall, is the insanely talented artist behind the 'toon versions of Rue, Claire and Herb from The Night Shift. There are multiple posts dedicated to the making of several of his pieces, and they make for really interesting reading. If you've ever been curious about the artist's process, or just would like to spend a few minutes looking at some awesome pop culture artwork, breeze on over to his site and set a spell. I highly recommend it. 
Photo Credit: Jon Pinto
And now, I'm off to watch a flaming skeleton ride around on a gas-powered motorcycle. Somehow, I think bad guys might be the least of his worries. I'll let you know how it turns out. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I just saw this post! Thanks. So how was the movie????

    ReplyDelete

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...