Wednesday, February 22, 2012

While I Was (Sort Of) Out...

I've physically been here. I've been posting regularly, and all, but mentally...well, that's a different story, altogether. Considering I've been pretty well checked out as of late, I thought it time for another installment of...

WHILE I WAS OUT!

The first in a series-within-a-series of posts I'm doing on the Jersey Devil is up at Paranormal Pop Culture. The entire series is a fun blend of an insider's look at indie filmmaking-turned-cryptozoology lecture. The series-within-the-series discusses the creature in pop culture. Basically, I tell you which episode of Extreme Ghostbusters features the guys bustin' old JD. It's a hoot, and the rest of the site is definitely worth a look-see.

Thomas and I took my kid brother to see a sneak preview of the Ghost Rider sequel/reboot/whatever. Tonally, it's all over the map, but it does feature a knockout performance from Idris Elba and his amazing technicolor contacts. I wouldn't pay to see it in theatres, but it's definitely Netflix-worthy, and with its PG-13 rating, safe fare for the kiddies (who will probably get a huge kick out of the Rider peeing fire. I can't believe I just wrote that).

If you follow me on Facebook (and you should! I do occasionally remember to post stuff on it), then you saw where Kat at Paperclip Hashbrown had a The Night Shift giveaway. The date to enter by has passed, so I hope some of you were able to enter. Regardless, hop over and show her some AN love in the comments. I'll be sure to post the winner here when it's announced.

Other than that, every last, blessed, waking moment has been spent trying to get my new house put in order. Today's challenge was hanging up some super-cute mirror dots in the guest room. I'm absolutely in love with them, and they were really easy to put up (save for one nail that absolutely refuses to go into the wall, but that's not the dots' fault). I'm tempted to get a couple more sets to put around the rest of the room. Here's a quick shot (taken with my phone--I'm sorry!) to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. Target, $19.99.
I really should have straightened those pillows first. Oops.

WHAT'S NEXT?

I'm one brush away from completing my Real Techniques brush set. As soon as I have that, I'll be back with an in-depth review, but thus far, I have to say that I'm extremely impressed.

This morning, I started using one of those new-fangled beauty balms. My go-to tinted moisturizer decided to turn orange on me, and this was cheaper, anyway, so why not? It's from Too Faced, and I can't wait to share my findings with you...after I've had a few days to live with it.

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...