Friday, October 28, 2011

No. Freaking. Way.

Hey guys! Wanna see something really cool?
 
You ready?
 
You sure?
 
Here it is!!
 
Photo Credit: Jon Pinto
 
Holy Smokes! I'm a TOON!!
 
You may or may not recall, but back in February, when Thomas and I took that less-than-stellar trip to the New Orleans Comic-Con, I posted a little bit of a rant about finding some stolen art in the Vendor Room. Long story short, the artist--the fabulously talented and all-around nice guy, Jon Pinto--appreciated my letting folks know about the theft, and we started following each other's blogs. Now, let me stop here for a minute to reiterrate just how impressed I am with this man's work. He's worked with Disney. He's worked with Universal. He's worked with some major players. Jon's Doctor Who pieces sucked me in, and he constantly tops himself with each new work (one is actually my desktop background, right now). If you have a few free minutes, I encourage you to peruse the man's gallery because, trust me, you will be amazed. So, with that, imagine my delight to find that Jon was not only interested in my little movie, but had taken it upon himself to render Rue, Claire and Herb in his signature, animated style!! I won't lie; I got a little teary. 
 
So, Jon, thank you, from the bottom of my heart. You have no idea what this means to me.
 
P.S. Folks, don't steal art. It really isn't cool. Just sayin'.

2 comments:

  1. Off topic:

    Hi Erin. Linked here from the other Erin "Owners Manual." I post anonymously at her blog as RJ because I'm in a witness protection program. Anyway I lived in Fairhope for 10 years and saw you were from the Port City so had to hola.

    Looking around now, Cool Stuff. Carry On.

    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by! I'm glad you like the place. It's nice to run into someone from around here. Please feel free to come by any time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...