Friday, April 27, 2012

Frugal Friday: Help Me, Hautelook!

It's time for Frugal Friday!!!!!  Yay!!! Here are this week's major deals!!!!

Bath & Body Works: Take 20% off your total with code SPRING2050.

Wow...that was certainly anti-climactic.

I don't know about you, but these days, I am broke. B-R-O-K-E, broke. Most everyone I know is in the same boat, so I'm not beating myself up about it. I just have to tighten things up a bit and be smart about where my money goes. That said, I still like to shop, and still like to have nice things. What's a girl to do?

Well, this girl--a girl who was raised by a Grand Champion bargain hunter, who was raised by Lady High Ruler Of All Things Sale Related--has upped her game a bit, so to speak. You may have noticed me mention a site called Hautelook once or twice on this blog. If you are into designer...well, anything, this site's flash sales may be just the ticket for you.

To give an example: I love Urban Decay cosmetics. All of them. I've yet to use a UD product I didn't just love. Every now and then, Hautelook will run an Urban Decay sale. About a week prior, the announcement will be made. Then, the day of, the sale will start at 8AM Pacific on.the.dot. At that time, the products up for sale will appear onscreen, and they will be heavily discounted. I picked up an Urban Lash set, including a travel 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero, a mascara made specifically for false lashes, and a set of Urban Lashes in Minx for $7. The lashes alone are usually $15. That's what I'm talking about. (And yes, before you ask, I really did need the lashes. See yesterday's post for details.)

Now, not everything from the brand in question will be up for grabs. That is important to remember. You will only have a small selection of items to choose from. In the case of UD, all of the products offered were already on sale at the brand site. Still, the Hautelook price was cheaper. The products won't always be sale items, though. Recently, I picked up a Vincent Longo eyeshadow quad in colors I've been searching for forever. It normally retails for $42. I paid $15.

Stila, Kinerase, TanTowel, DKNY, Calvin Klein, American Apparel, Laura Ashley, Betsey Johnson, William Rast, NYX, Puma...even E.L.F. (and I didn't think they could get any cheaper!) are just some of the brands that host events on Hautelook. You do have to act fast with these sales, though. They only last a few days, and items can sell out quickly. Also, once you place something in your cart, you only have 15 minutes to checkout, so decide on everything you want before you snap up that first item. Shipping rates can vary, but mine have always been in the area of $5. Shipping will take for-freaking-ever (be ye warned!), but it's worth the wait for prices like these. Plus, it's like a mini-Christmas every time I see the Hautelook label in the mail. This site has proven to me that, even though I'm on a budget, I can still have my favorites and save a few bucks at the same time. I don't know how they do it, but I'm not complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...