Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Filmmaker Fashion: The Q&A

Last night, Thomas, our friend Soren, and I were guest speakers at the local university's Communication Day. The school screened The Night Shift, and we gave a short Q&A afterwards. It was a lot of fun, and a real joy to be a part of.

Of course, it was also a chance for all of us to get to play fancy-schmancy filmmaker and dress up! This is not the exact outfit I wore last night, but it's as close as I could get on my new Polyvore account (follow me! Link's below), since everything came directly out of my closet, and a few things were a few years old. Anyway, let's play with this for a bit. Oh--and if you want to buy any of this stuff, Polyvore was nice enough to link to what's still available for me. (I think I'm going to like this thing.)

Okay, first up, the henley tank isn't the one I wore last night. That would be this one, that I blogged about a million years ago. Mine isn't available in stores anymore, but this one is really, really close.

The earrings are the Rachel Earrings from JewelMint. Mine are actually the Rachel Rose Earrings, which have a very muted pink stone and a silver finish. You might be able to score some on Ebay, but that's about the only way. Sorry.

I finally got my Naked 2 palette!! No, I don't have a Naked "1", but that's okay. I'm absolutely in love with this palette, so expect a full review sometime in the very near future. I used Chopper, Snakebite, and Bootycall last night, with the Naked Lip Junkie, in case you were wondering. And no, I don't have any pictures. Someone at the school took one, but I don't have a copy. And I'm sad. Really, really sad.

I do actually own this necklace. You might remember a post about it from forever ago, where I talked about how it made me think of my dear little Herbie. I fell pretty darn hard for this piece before Halloween, and watched it on Open Sky for ages. It finally went on sale cheap enough that I could justify the purchase, and I don't think I've taken it off, yet.

Sadly, this bracelet is another that you'll have to search for on Ebay. It's the Black Swan Cuff from JewelMint, and one of my all-time favorite pieces from them. Seriously, try to find this one. It's worth the trouble. Good luck! I'm rooting for you!

If you want a good pair of jeans, go to DressBarn. I know, I know, I didn't expect that, either. Look for the ANGELS line. They're affordable ($39.99), cute as pie, have a good amount of stretch, suck in my stomach and make my butt look good. These are my Cinderella jeans.

Lastly, these are not my shoes. I did wear some pewter Guess strappy platforms, but they came from Ross, and I've had them for a while. These are extremely similar, even if they are more than twice what I paid for mine.

I know this is a little different from the norm, but I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know in the comments. Seriously, though, if you did like this, follow me on Polyvore, and I'll try to do more with it in the future.



Screening and Q&A Inspired

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...