Thursday, April 19, 2012

Do Vampires Need Illuminating Powder? Dark Shadows-Inspired NYX Palette

***Read my full review here!***

One of the last times I played around in Ulta (because, really, how is that shopping? It's like a grown-up girl playground in there), I ran across this palette from NYX that even made Thomas stop and say, "Oh, that's cool!"

Photo Credit: Musings of a Muse
It's the NYX Crimson Amulet palette, inspired by the upcoming Tim Burton/Johnny Depp movie, Dark Shadows, and it is stunning.

***Please Note: This is not a review. I don't own this, and my entire experience with it was while standing around in a store. This is more of a heads up that this exists, just in case you want to check it out further yourself. ***

Okay, disclaimer's out of the way, so here are my initial thoughts:

The shadow colors I was able to swatch (and not photograph. Sorry) were very soft, creamy, and pigmented. NYX is known for having quality makeup, so I wasn't surprised. There's also a nice variety of hues to choose from.

The packaging is cute, if a little confusing. I'm not keen on the mirror's placement (you can't see it in this picture, but it, along with a "get the look" card, is placed between the shadow side and the blush/lip color side). I can only see it getting very dirty and difficult to use. The cardboard palette does seem sturdy, though. I think it'd be fine in an organized makeup bag.

I love that this comes with a eyelid primer and liner. Really, all you need is some foundation, powder, mascara and concealer, and you are completely set. It's one of the most complete palettes I've seen, and would be great for travel. In fact, if you prefer using shadow for liner, you could pop a deluxe sample size of mascara in the liner section.

All in all, I like it, and would recommend checking it out in person at your local Ulta. It's $24.99, and contains 24 shadows, 5 blushes, 4 glosses, 1 illuminating powder, 1 eyeliner, and 1 HD eyelid primer. I'd say that  has the potential to be a phenomenal deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...